Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What he playing at...?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well here goes,

Me and my b/f been together for nearly 2yrs and im 8 n half months pregnant with his baby and he decides to finish with me last sunday. as you can imagine im not coping with it v.well.

Since xmas this lass has been hanging around him and they go partying all the time and he has been going out 4-5 nights a week. I know he is getting it out of his system before baby but i felt lonely. Anyways this caused arguements between us and then everything with this lass.

Anyways last saturday he stood me up and decided to go out with his mates so i babysat for my friend. When friend came back i got taxi to his. It was about 3am when finally got there and i let myself in and found him asleep on the sofa with this lass lying across him. Wat would you guys think if you saw that??? (she came back with his sis for a drink) I woke them up (which i got wrong for) and kicked off. The lass had a cheek to argue with me for 20mins before leaving. They swore nothing was going on and i believe them but now he finished with me saying we argue to much and he is unhappy.

I admit i was jealous of her but its mostly to do with my hormones. I cant believe hes finished with me and i only have 3 weeks to go. On thurs he had talk with me saying that he still wants to live in flat together when baby comes but not as g/f & b/f. He says if we get along then theres a chance we could make things work.

Ppl say he is just scared and wants his freedom before baby comes and he must want sumit to happen if he wants to move in. Im missing him like crazy. Im scared between now and the baby being born as he is out every night and so is she and now he's free and single then he could go with her. He says he dont want her and he stil loves me but not in love with me. I understand cos how can you be in love with someone who you argue with all the time. Maybe we will fall back in love again when move in.

Would like your views on this about what you think he's doing?

Be gentle tho im fragile.

Peaches x

Comments

• Options
    It does sound a bit like he's scared and wants his freedom while he can, but even so that's no excuse for him to be messing about and treating you like shit when you're carrying his baby! I don't blame you for going mad at him and the girl, I would - pregnant or not!

Are you sure you'd want to move in with him not being boyfriend & girlfriend? Is staying at home for now an option? Maybe after the baby is born it might bring you back together, but if it doesn't and he does want to be single or with someone else, living with him wouldn't be easy. I know that's a horrible thing to think about right now but you have to think about the worst case scenario, in the next 3 weeks you're gonna have a lot to deal with without worrying about him.
  • Options
    I know what you mean but only living with him for about 3-6months til i get own place sorted and by then we mightve worked things out.
  • Options
    it is fair to say he is being a bit of a **** and you shouldn't blame yourself for anything at all - as much as u can just concentrate on the baby- seems it would take less looking after than him!
  • Options
    Originally posted by peaches19
    I know what you mean but only living with him for about 3-6months til i get own place sorted and by then we mightve worked things out.

Or you may not!

What if he keeps going out when the baby is here, what if he keeps wanting to just live together but not as a couple and so ends up having a life while you are left in the flat looking after your baby?

Perhaps you should think about getting/staying in a place of your own and tell him he can only live with you if you are a couple.

Time for you to start making the decisions I think!
  • Options
    i agree with byny. you may get things sorted, but if u dont you're gonna have to deal with him going out and partying every nite, while your left holding the baby, as it was! sit down and explain to him that this child is both of your responsibility, and it needs to know its father. how old are you both??? possibly he thinks he's too young for the family life - maybe the realism of everything has only just kicked in for him. either way, get this sorted, and make sure you aren't alone around now - talk to your friends for advice and support!!! good luck with everything, and dont worry about going off at this girl - she sounds horrid+you had every right to yell at her!!
  • Options
    I know what you guys are saying and i went to talk to him last night. He was quite nasty but rang this morning and said he was angry and tired and stuff and was being nice to me this morning.

He said he wants to live with me to help me out for 1st few months. I told him i wasn't standing for him going out every night and he said he wasnt going. (Plus he cant afford too) He said he would stay when i went out. I've spoke to people who have kids and they all said that when he sees his baby born and lives with it he'll totally change and he prob will towards me too. Anyways if he doesn't towards me ill be glad of the help and will find place of my own and find me a new lad.

It is gonna be hard between now and when baby comes knowing he's out all time and knowing she is out too but i have to just deal with it. He says he dont like her like that so he aint gonna go with her. Im only gonna contact him for the baby til it arrives so maybe he'll miss me or not as it may be.

I wanna go out to keep an eye out but i know it will be harder if i see them even talking. Hormones arent playing nice at the min. He says he dont wanna be with me at minute as doesnt want relationship how it was (arguements all time and me nagging) but he may change his mind later and who knows if he does change his mind i might not want him then and might prefer to be alone with my baby.

What you guys reckon???
  • Options
    Anyways if he doesn't towards me ill be glad of the help and will find place of my own and find me a new lad.

Don't think I'm being patronising but make sure if you do this, that you get a better one this time!! You and your baby deserve better.

Good luck for the future.
  • Options
    Originally posted by leese
    Don't think I'm being patronising but make sure if you do this, that you get a better one this time!! You and your baby deserve better.

Good luck for the future.

thank you and i will try too
  • Options
    What you guys reckon???

Sounds like he's a bit confused about what he wants, and in all fairness you can't really blame him, a baby on the way's a big thing to try and deal with. He may well change his mind when the baby's born and you won't know til it happens so til then good luck :)
  • Options
    Well he's totally giving me mixed signals. He's got in contact with me everyday. I don't know what he wants.

Well on thursday i had midwife apt and when i went i found out that the baby is really small and not feeding and ive been referred to the hospital for tests and they might deliver baby early. Well i told him and he was really concerned. I thought this is all i need with me and him splitting up. Ive had the worst two weeks of my life. Im really down and did the stupid thing of asking for him back again cos i cant cope and to my suprise he said he would think about giving us another go.

That was thursday. He's been really nice since and on fri we were texting about names and he said he liked name nicole, i text back with thats my middle name and he replied 'shit i forgot for a second. Maybe thas why i like it' would you say that was flirting or what??

then on sat and sun he hardly got in contact. i told him on fri i would give him some space to think abou it over weekend and he said you expecting an answer after couple of days like? I said no and didnt wanna push him. hen he rang me this morning and we had a laugh and carry on. After i text him asking if we could talk some time soon but he aint replied. I know he at work so maybe thats why.

I don't know.

Should i just wait or ring and ask him?

xx