Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

throat

hey, i know it sounds abit stupid and trivial but for the past week nearly I've had really bad throat pain constantly, I can't eat anything or even drink and it hurts to talk aswell. As far as I can tell I aint got a cold comin' because my nose is fine and I've even had lemsip's just incase, aswell as damn throat soothers but neither of them work. The pain runs from my throat right through to the top of my mouth and then up to my ears aswell. The damn doctors don't open on a weekend and I've got work at 8 tomorrow which involves serving people which I really can't be doin with, any suggestions please??
Vicky
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    TCP

tcp3x.jpg
  • KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    Hmm...

I might be a bit late on this one, you're probably at work.
    If not, try this sore throat diagnosis thingy from NHS direct. Failing that, call 'em or nip into your pharmacist!

Get well soon.
    thanks for the advice. my mam made me go to the hospital over the weekend because the doctors don't open from friday to tuesday :rolleyes:
    anyway, having spoken to this crap doctor who shoved huge cotton bud things in my mouth and prodded my tonsils with them, it turns out i had tonsillitis. I don't know what sucks more, not being able to eat or not wanting to make it worse by smokin!
    Originally posted by Janjan
    thanks for the advice. my mam made me go to the hospital over the weekend because the doctors don't open from friday to tuesday :rolleyes:
    anyway, having spoken to this crap doctor who shoved huge cotton bud things in my mouth and prodded my tonsils with them, it turns out i had tonsillitis. I don't know what sucks more, not being able to eat or not wanting to make it worse by smokin!

I would probably say the latter, but guess I shouldn't really talk because I smoke and I had tonsillitis, twice, a few years back and had smoked during both, but oh well, do what you think is best