Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

New rant: People who slag off men for wearing make up

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't have to be macho to be a real man. It's just that wearing make up is not for men. It never has been and it never will be. It's like blokes wearing womans clothes. If your not a woman then you have no need at all to do it.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    It's just that wearing make up is not for men. It never has been and it never will be.

SO UNTRUE, did you study history at school?!!! Back then men wore make up, even now in other cultures men wear make up.
    Probably because he reads the sun and has a blowjob avatar

And I wear my jeans round my waste so when I bend over you can see that I've got a builders bum. :p
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    SO UNTRUE, did you study history at school?!!! Back then men wore make up, even now in other cultures men wear make up.

Diffrent times called for diffrent things Minx. For example, the European Middle Ages followed the Greco-Roman trend of pale faces because those people that were rich enough not to work outdoors and get a suntan wanted to show off their affluence(?) by being pale.

In the times of Charles II's reign, Europe was still recovering from illness'. Many people didn't wanna go outdoors, so heavy makeup supplied to them so they could have some colour.

People in certian cultures wear paint or makeup, what ever you want to call it because it's part of their culture. Men might wear it because it signify's that they are the big boss or because he belongs to a certian tribe. They may even wear it for hunting or for special occasions.

In these times, it is only woman that mainly live in that west wear's it to either stand out more or to attract a mate. Men have their ways of doing these things so we do not need to wear makeup for any reason other than a photo shoot or because your doing a movie, or because something requires you to look a certian way. It's not a male thing. It's female.
    You don't have to be macho to be a real man. It's just that wearing make up is not for men. It never has been and it never will be. It's like blokes wearing womans clothes. If your not a woman then you have no need at all to do it.

no it¡s noy for you. ok fine whatever
    Call me a stereotyping bastard, whatever etc, but when it comes down to it, straight men who use make up and aren't goths [or other labels of people crying out for attention] are a minority. I'm not sure, but i thought the whole point of being gay was that you went for manliness? most gay people would go for men then right? not men dressed up as women.

The idea of men wearing make up is moronic in my head. :S
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    In truth I prefer my ladies with little or no make up - and that goes for piercings too.

Blokes wearing make up is just a shit idea. In my experience the only blokes I've sen that wear make up are goth types and drag queens (both benders and straight ones).

The sort of ladies I want to spend time with arn't the sort that would be too impressed with me wearing make up. The only time I may consider it would be fancy dress.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    It's like blokes wearing womans clothes. If your not a woman then you have no need at all to do it.

...and then women started wearing pants.
    Originally posted by Doofay
    straight men who use make up and aren't goths [or other labels of people crying out for attention] are a minority.

erm, can i just point out that not all goths, or other labels of people as you so nicely put it, are crying out for attention.

hardly any are, that i know, in fact. they prefer to be left alone and not persecuted for what they choose to wear be they male or female, whether it's about clothes or makeup

:mad: some people really annoy me sometimes
    Diffrent times called for diffrent things Minx. For example, the European Middle Ages followed the Greco-Roman trend of pale faces because those people that were rich enough not to work outdoors and get a suntan wanted to show off their affluence(?) by being pale.

In the times of Charles II's reign, Europe was still recovering from illness'. Many people didn't wanna go outdoors, so heavy makeup supplied to them so they could have some colour.

People in certian cultures wear paint or makeup, what ever you want to call it because it's part of their culture. Men might wear it because it signify's that they are the big boss or because he belongs to a certian tribe. They may even wear it for hunting or for special occasions.

Men also wear it to look attractive for the women in those cultures.

So i will repeat what you said
    It's just that wearing make up is not for men. It never has been and it never will be.

You just contradicted yourself, you admitted men wore make up. They also used to not only whiten their face, but throughout history have used eye make up, as well as putting colour to their face.
    Men also wear it to look attractive for the women in those cultures.

Yeah? And which culture are they?
    You just contradicted yourself, you admitted men wore make up. They also used to not only whiten their face, but throughout history have used eye make up, as well as putting colour to their face.

They wore it to look pretty did they?

Do you home work little girl.

For got to say....
    It never has been and it never will be.

That's right it never has been for men and as far as I know it's only ever been made for woman.. therefore not being for men but for woman.
    i thought that men who wear make up in tribes, do so when they go hunting or for those war dances...not to make themselves look pretty. it's not as if they put blusher on to make their cheek bones stand out is it.
    In the tribes where men hunt and fight, then they dont do it to look attractive, but as i have said loads now in the tribes where women do what we consider masculine things, and blokes do what we consider feminine things they dont fight do they, so they stay at home and wear make up, look after the house and are submissive to their wives.
    they dont fight do they, so they stay at home and wear make up

That is funny :lol:. Which tribe is this?
    I have sociology today, i will ask my lecturer, and then PM you the details just to prove you wrong. Maybe you need to do the homework, little boy.
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    erm, can i just point out that not all goths, or other labels of people as you so nicely put it, are crying out for attention.

hardly any are, that i know, in fact. they prefer to be left alone and not persecuted for what they choose to wear be they male or female, whether it's about clothes or makeup

Maybe, but this is the real world. If goths think that they can walk about town centres with white makeup and stupid clothes on, without getting noticed (and laughed at), then they're stupid.

Sorry, but that's a fact of life.
    I have sociology today, i will ask my lecturer, and then PM you the details just to prove you wrong.

I'm not saying it's not true, I just wanna know what tribe has men sitting at home putting makeup on.
    Originally posted by Doofay
    Call me a stereotyping bastard, whatever etc, but when it comes down to it, straight men who use make up and aren't goths [or other labels of people crying out for attention] are a minority. I'm not sure, but i thought the whole point of being gay was that you went for manliness? most gay people would go for men then right? not men dressed up as women.

The idea of men wearing make up is moronic in my head. :S

STEREOTYPING BASTARD

you asked for it :p