Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Six Nations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So just because the English came third, the final table hasn't been discussed then i see ;) Best in the world my bottom!

Incase you need reminding

1. France
2. Ireland
3. England
4. Wales
5. Italy
6. Scotland

;)

Yeah i know Wales came 4th, but hey England did badly :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Rugby union is not often discussed on here, so its no real suprise it hasn't been discussed.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: The Six Nations
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Yeah i know Wales came 4th, but hey England did badly :p

What is with this country?

Scots, Welsh plus the Irish(I realise they are not UK), they are all very envious of England and want to see them do badly above all things, even above they're own team.

Exactly the same as the countrys football fans.

Bunch of sad ****s.
    Its just common rivallary, without it football wouldn't be what it is-
    Godscop how mamy times have you laughed at Liverpool say for losing or playing crap this season? (at this stage maybe rightly so)

Its great to see your rivals lose, and granted you are the first northern hemisphere world champions adds extra spice to it.I d think they are missing an awful lot- Johnson just cant be replaced! In rugby terms Engalnd are a cocky arrogant country- thats why im delighted we stuffed you in your own vback yard!
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve

Its great to see your rivals lose, and granted you are the first northern hemisphere world champions adds extra spice to it.I d think they are missing an awful lot- Johnson just cant be replaced! In rugby terms Engalnd are a cocky arrogant country- thats why im delighted we stuffed you in your own vback yard!

I'd say in general sporting terms they're as arrogant and cocky as the French. Difference is, the French have something to be arrogant about.

All these English rugby "fans" that csme out of the closet after the World Cup (like the fucking Rangers wankers singing "Swing Low" at Ibrox :mad: ) have suddenly disappeared again. Now, in a similar way that the Scots came down to Wembley after the 1966 World Cup win and whooped some ass, the Irish have come down and shit all over you :lol:

Difference is, Scotland know we're shit at sport. But we try, and we know how to take defeat.

Anyhow, it aint like the English don't have any chips on their shoulders, is it now?

Like Germany :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Difference is, Scotland know we're shit at sport. But we try, and we know how to take defeat.

So you just support the team England are playing instead, gives you a chance to win. I would say thats pretty fucking pathetic.

Same as all the small shitty football teams (and some of the big ones) behave towards United.
    Godscop how mamy times have you laughed at Liverpool say for losing or playing crap this season? (at this stage maybe rightly so)

Thats a bit different. I don't put scouse failure above what we're doing. When they lose of course I laugh but its an added bonus or a consolation.
    Originally posted by godscop
    So you just support the team England are playing instead, gives you a chance to win. I would say thats pretty fucking pathetic.

Personally, no. For me, it's a consolation, like you said. We won the wooden spoon, and because you're reigning World Champions, it makes it that bit funnier.

You can't deny you'd be the same if Leeds/Liverpool won the Champions Leauge (don't laugh too much) and then came back and fucked up in the Premiership.

I see what you mean, but last night I looked out for the Scotland score, and I wouldn't have even known the English game was on until the highlights happened to come on telly.

It's all just good humoured banter anyway.