Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cant trust anyone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont really know what i expect anyone to say...but i need to get it off my chest because i have no1 to talk to, the problem is with uni-not the course or anything but the people here. Ive never felt like i fit in and i havent found anyone who i can say is a good friend, theres just people i talk to and to be honest one of those people annoys the hell out of me she has totally different views on everything, thinks shes the most important person and well i just dont get on with people like that. The thing is it's her who im forced to hang around with the most because we are on the same course live almost next door to eachother and i dont speak to anyone else who lives in totally. My other friend who i thought was on the way to becoming a good friend i overheard her today speaking to all the people on my floor who i dont like (they have been really horrible to me since i got here and i still dont know why, i think its because im shy) but anyway she told them some of my personal issues which i had told her in confidence (ie my sex life), so now i really dont know what to do. The girls i dont like are talking about my sex life behind my back and im beginning to wonder what ive done to deserve this. I feel that im supposed to be enjoying uni but i havent managed to find anyone to talk to.
Ive considered quitting so many times, or getting a transfer but i hate having to settle in to a place all over again. I think back to college where i made some really good friends and i wanted to do that again here but all i have is aquantances (sp?) :( i dunno what to do.
Sorry for long post but i dont have a friend here who i can talk to it about

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im sorry to hear that. University is the best place in the world if you feel happy and the moment you feel a bit shite it''s the worst place.

I am in my second year I have grown apart from my friends quite rapidly and there was a time before I got together with my boyfriend where I was so incredibly lonely.

The good news is university gives you so many opportunities to meet people - there are societies, jobs and the like - you really don't have to be alone - maybe joining a charitable organisation.

If you want a chat anytime, and im online you are more than welcome to pm me - or just use this thread

I hope I helped
    *hugs*
    Have you talked to your friend about the fact that she shared your personal issues? It would probably be good for you to get that cleared up with her as well. She was wrong for talking about you behing your back but it would be a shame to throw away a friendship over a mistake (unless this is something that she does often in which case I wouldn't trust her either).

As was said above, university can be great but it can also be really lonely. The best advice is really to just keep getting out there and meeting new people. Eventually you're going to find some that you get along with, you just have to give it some time. I'm sure you weren't close friends with your college friends when you first met them either. Just keep trying even though it's hard (especially when you're shy!).
    cheers people
    Im hoping year 2 will bring me new friends!
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Blah_x2
    *hugs* and lots of them.

Settling into uni can be so difficult, especially when it looks like it's easy for everyone else (btw - it's not). There are a couple of articles that may help, on top of the words of wisdom everyone else has offered. So it's worth having a look at this and this.

Hope this helps some,
    CB
    hey, i know how u feel as i was the same when i started uni. ive been there 2 months now and i've mad 2 really close friends as well as a few more who arent so close. but i know how you feel.
    just stick with it and you will meet people who are worth your respect :)