Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weed brownies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know you get a lot of questions about eating cannabis, but I have a few more.

I'm planning on making some cannabis brownies for my male friend.

I've searched for recipes and they all totally vary in amounts of cannabis to add, and so does anybody have any actual quantities that they've found that worked particularly well? My mate's quite a heavy smoker. I'd be using average quality weed, not overly strong but not poor...So I haven't a clue what to add.

This brings me on to my next question. I'll be adding weed, as opposed to resin (which is the only experience of eating cannabis i've had.) Whilst I was searching, I read a lot of random things, including comments about weed not being as effective? I don't really understand why it wouldn't be. Also, will it taste rank? Or will the chocolate brownie be sufficient to hide the taste?

I read that to add cannabis you add some finely gound weed to some melting butter over a low heat until it turns green (for around 10 minutes). You then strain it to get the bits out. Will this work? I'm worried that by throwing the bits out I might just be getting rid of some of the THC. (I know that sounds a bit daft) but will the THC actually dissolve or whatever in the fat and result in plenty of stoniness? :)

Any other information would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to end up wasting a load of weed and wasting my mates evening. Cheers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    at the end of the day you are the one who knows the answer to your question.
    iif you put twenty quids worth into a cake that will cut into ten slices ...how will it go down in history?