Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

quitting nicotine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so far today ive smoked 2 rollies. nothing after 09:30am.. to me thats one day..
got to about 3pm then i startd getting itchy.. i brushd my teeth.. brushd one off and got back to work..

who else is giving up.. and WHY??

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: quitting nicotine
    Originally posted by TheSovereign
    ok so far today ive smoked 2 rollies. nothing after 09:30am.. to me thats one day..
    got to about 3pm then i startd getting itchy.. i brushd my teeth.. brushd one off and got back to work..

who else is giving up.. and WHY??

My boyfriend's giving up. I only smoke occasionally but I'll stop completely to help him. And this should be in the Health section of thesite.org bulletin boards :p
    Ah - I gave up six months ago because I was fed up of waking up in the morning with a mouth that tasted like I'd been sucking old socks all night. Oh and the cancer and heart attack thing
    and the fact that it's pointless and expensive.
    17 days without a fag and counting, I'm well pleased with myself. It's so pointless!!!!!! They taste vile.
    Re: Re: quitting nicotine
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    And this should be in the Health section of thesite.org bulletin boards :p [/B]

no! it'd be like putting it in the sport section... blahblah bad for yooo bad for yoooo...

thinking back how fit id be now if id never startd.. all those hash buckets and joints as well... grimey stuff..

but its going well - a good one is to brush your teeth when u get a craving.. im 29hours into it
    It should be in the drugs board and no i am not quitting.
    How to kick the habit

Have a read - and contact the organisation below for support. Alan Carr's Easy way to give up smoking book is also amazing. Good luck and stick with it!

QUIT
    Helpline for smokers who want to stop & people trying to remain as ex-smokers.
    Email: stopsmoking@quit.org.uk
    Quitline: 0800 002200

:)
    The most omportant thing is.. you HAVE to be ready to quit. It's easy for non smokers to say just quit because they don't get the "urge" for a smoke. If you say your gonan quit and are ready to quit then you should just do it. If you smoke a one fag you'll be like, "uh just one more and that's it for today." then that will go into "I'll give up tommorrow for sure".

The hardest times to not have a fag is after food, in the morning, when drinking and when you got nothing to do or when you finish some work that you've spent the last hour on.. it's kinda like you can stop for a 5 minutes, have a smoke and reflect on what you've don so far.

When I used the patches at first they were ok then after a day they just made me want a fag more so I took them off and found more easy to quit.

You wanna get rid of all matches, lighters, fags and bacca/Rizla's and when you would normally buy some smokes you might wanna put the money in a pot and then leave it for a month. The avg person smokes around 20 a day so that's like 100 odd quid you'll save a month.
    I know I should quit... but I don't want to. It's funny - I go in cycles where I smoke a lot and then quit for a couple of months before starting back up slowly.

Good luck for everyone who is though... I remember those miserable days when I was trying to quit. I remember sitting at a bar with friends and paying not a bit of attention to them and instead just thinking to myself "I really want a cigarette... but I shouldn't have a cigarette... but I really want one..." over and over and over again.
    way good props to anybody that is and has quit. i try but i'm a fucking bitch when i don't smoke and i get all fidigity too and that annoys people around me.
    Originally posted by carolina_girl
    "I really want a cigarette... but I shouldn't have a cigarette... but I really want one..." over and over and over again.

ohh i hate that, it goes thru my head too grrr at it.