Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who do you Respect on TheSite?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who do you have the most respect for on 'TheSite' ? And Why?

Same goes for who you have the least respect for, e.g. disagree the most with that persons' views in many things.

Moderators Excluded!

Now, I know when I ask questions like this; I'm suppose to answer it myself - but since I'm still new to all this, I haven't officially made my mind up... though Dr. Lurve is close coz he stood up for me.... ahh, my Hero :blush:

And that Kermit fella was mean to me before for no valid reason so, least repect for that person.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I repsect many people on Thesite. Im not gonna do the whole naming names business, it'll only end up in "Awww I didn't get a mention :( No one likes me :crying:"

So anyway...the people I respect on Thesite are the good listeners. The people that take time to read what others have said, and voice their opinion taking other view points into account. The ones who give good advice, and aren't afraid to be different, and say what they think, not just joining in to be 'cool' and liked.

The people I don't have respect for are the opposite to the above. The buggers who can't be bothered to listen/read what others have said, and don't think before they say things. Some people have their head stuck too far up their own arse...and other peoples arses for that matter. It's the people that can't think for themselves, just follow everyone else and don't use their pea-sized brain that annoy me.

Im sure you can think of the people that fit into them catagories...
    I think people like becky and rolly have alot of influence on people as they're of a older age group and have hand experience in life.

I have to say I think kaffrin speaks wise words of wisdom in alot of her posts and is very helpfull even if we disagree alot. All off her posts have good resourcefull information.

kermit, I've only seens a few of his posts but he seems to be a good poster and does seem to make good points in his posts.

then there the people who post good quality posts, these include people like Byny, tweety and alot other posters(there are more quality posters than this, you can't really say one siters better or deserves more respect than another as it's like a comunity and everyone has there bad and good points..

I know people will respect others more than other people but I think that they all contribute to thesite:)

then theres my personal thread on there that I respect - cute baby bear, hermonie, franki aka lil miss socks and of course kwiss (not a regular though)

sorry if you didn't get a mention, I proberly didn't think of your name at the time but your prob under others

and before you ask.. yes luby course I repect ya.. your a good friend..
    shyboy, hellfire, bongbudda, rolly, paperbprincess, moonrat, shogun, welshmosher, kermit, kaffrin, and quite a few of the newbies, possibly cos they haven't insulted me yet.
    Mr Roll, kermit, beckyboo, Jaquelinne the Ripper, Kaffrin, baldog, Clandestine.....
    Originally posted by luby
    shyboy, hellfire, bongbudda, rolly, paperbprincess, moonrat, shogun, welshmosher, kermit, kaffrin, and quite a few of the newbies, possibly cos they haven't insulted me yet.

woa.. I got a mention...
    Most people do or say something stupid at one point or another so it is hard to respect anyone in the "You are great" sense.

But you shouldn't show anyone lack of respect due to varying opinions or certaina ctions they have taken because everyone is different.

In conclusion, everyone can be kool at times and everyone can be shite at times (although some fit into either category more than the other).
    The folk who have interesting things to say, the people who make me laugh and the people who don't just reply with a ':lol:'. That pisses me off.

I respect a lot of people in the Drugs forum, because their advice can be invaluable and can actually save lives.
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    I repsect many people on Thesite. Im not gonna do the whole naming names business, it'll only end up in "Awww I didn't get a mention :( No one likes me :crying:"

So anyway...the people I respect on Thesite are the good listeners. The people that take time to read what others have said, and voice their opinion taking other view points into account. The ones who give good advice, and aren't afraid to be different, and say what they think, not just joining in to be 'cool' and liked.

The people I don't have respect for are the opposite to the above. The buggers who can't be bothered to listen/read what others have said, and don't think before they say things. Some people have their head stuck too far up their own arse...and other peoples arses for that matter. It's the people that can't think for themselves, just follow everyone else and don't use their pea-sized brain that annoy me.

Im sure you can think of the people that fit into them catagories...

I agree with you, i think this covers how i feel about people on thesite.
    People will moan if they didnt get a mention or make silly comments if they did get a mention or somet...
    And yes i can think of several people who fit into both categories that you mentioned...
    Awwk Guys - Wheres the fun in that?

Appreciate how you're trying to be all very considerate to how other people will react... but it's a harmless question -

Too late to spare other peoples feelings. I've read the posts on this site long enough before I joined. You can all be ruthless when you want to be. So what's stopping you now?
    I meant what I said. Besides I don't know anyone on here well enough. Vinyl Vicky is a good laugh and a bit of fun but that doesn't mean I share her opinions so I don't show her loads of respect but at the same time I won't be showing her lack of respect. There are various others like her.
    Fair enough, I understand you won't be able to show respect for others on here as much as would with your friends and family -

Just wondered who you would look up to on here... to an extent that you share the same opinions or admire for the way they stand up for what they believe in... or simply coz you like that person. We all like who we respect and vice'versa.
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    woa.. I got a mention...

course you got a mention silly
    This is the first time I've got a mention in one of these, 'oh your so great, no really darrrling your so great' type threads. Thank you Luby.

I respect the people on here who can back up their arguments, those who are obviously intelligent. Aladdin and Man of Kent spring to mind, but both of them can be very pompus. Kermit seems to know a bit too.

I dont respect z0ma, its more a burning hatred.
    I don't want to name any names either, but I respect the people who take their time before posting and think things through of what they want to say instead of saying some lame stuff or agreeing with people. People who give good advice and are caring enough to respond, with some ideas and what not.

Things that I least respect is people who pick fights and argue over the silliest little things that are getting them nowhere and just end up pissing off a lot of people in the end anyways.

Ok, will stop rambling on before someone gets pissed at me.
    Anyone who generally doesn't post too much shit really. There's many to say, Man of Kent, Aladdin, Kermitt, Turtle, Kaffrin, usually Felix and BritJames as well as Roll, Kiezo... There's more, LSS, Lucifer, ShyBoy is alright as well. I respect the people who don't try and say everything as a one-liner to try and make people laugh. People who don't think they have it worse than everyone else, people who don't lie, people who answer questions, people who don't post shit replies and who start shit topics.

**Edited to add: Don't bitch when your name isn't on there. Mid-way through I realised how long the list could be.
    I kind of respect everyone, but only because I think everyone deserves respect, until they do something to not deserve my respect.

The people I care about and the people who's opinions of me matter at all, well they know who they are. I am totally ambivolent to a large number of people on here though, because I don't know them and they don't know me. That's why I don't understand why people go about hating people on here, or asslicking people. Not that I don't still give them human respect, I just think it's silly.

But yeah, advice givers (still quite cool that people take time to help other people) and folk who make me laugh. You have my respect. I think the self-centered people that I really can't be arsed with, are in the minority. That's a good thing, kids :yes:

Anyway, shutup Brian.
    I respect most people on here, but I hardly know anyone. I post in a fairly haphazard kinda way, sometimes posting all the time, and then hardly posting at all. Result: not many people know mer and I don't know many people. I think it's great how the place is a community though, and people are willing to help others out and have a laugh and stuff. It's also quite weird how so many people get wound up by stuff and flame others. But I'm glad that this hasn't degenerated into another 'you're so brilliant. No, YOU'RE so brilliant. No really... etc...' that so many threads a while ago ended up becoming. :yes:
    Kiezo, noog, shiny, Em, Mrmist <3

[noog only got in there because he threatened me :(]
    The only people I don't respect are those who complain when somebody rightly asks them to change the way they've laid out a post.
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    kermit
    Originally posted by luby
    kermit
    Originally posted by byny
    kermit
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Kermit
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Kermit

The people have spoken:D
    Originally posted by Cute_Baby_Bear
    make silly comments if they did get a mention

Like this?;)
    I respect everybody :p
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by *Groovaybaby*
    (most oldies) lol

I agree but that's got more to do with the fact I don't know people aswell now - I don't come here as much.

Names:
    Justin, Lolly, Rubberskin, Balddog, Kermit, Turtle, Elisa - all the drug forum posters especially the likes of Eb, RNT, and Dan the Man.
    Weekender Offender 
    We've got quite far through without any "OMFG you didn't include me :( ", whether it be sarcastic or serious- both are equally lame.

I have respect for many people. There are people that I respect to such a degree that I disagree with most things they say on most matters, but still put their opinion across in a sensible and (most of the time) reasonable manner. Those people are Aladdin and Kermit.

Then the usual suspects who are just generally nice to people when other people don't give a monkeys - byny, kaffrin, Faith and many more.

There isn't anyone I disrepect as such. :)
    I respect most people apart from those who make threads or posts without thinking about them. I think one-liners can be good though :) and shouldn't necissarily be looked down upon. I can't remember who it was but in the horse/oral sex thread by Hellfire a few days ago someone said 'his throat was hoarse' it made me laugh so much! :D

Special mentions go out to my friends on thesite; *groovaybaby* who's helped me straighten out my life, Franki who's just such a cool friend, and loadssssssss more but I can't mention them all it'll take me all day.

I don't respect people who try to get a rise out of people, or who overuse the :rolleyes: smily :p

And thankyou to those who said my name! :D
    i have respect for people who take advice that is given to them, and use it to make a real difference to their lives. like if they make a post saying 'OMG this is wrong with me, what the hell do i do?'. and people post with suggestions, and then some time later, original poster returns and posts something like 'thanks guys, i tried your suggestions and now everything is good'. sadly i haven't seen that happen much.

then i have respect for the people who say what they think, and stand by it. even if everyone else thinks they're on crack.

then there are the people who i think i would be friends with if i knew them personally.
    I respect those who respect others, who try to be helpful and don't flame people unless they really deserve it.

I'm not naming any names, but I respect a few who have been mentioned and a few who have not. In a way I respect everyone.

Except you *points* :p
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The only people I don't respect are those who complain when somebody rightly asks them to change the way they've laid out a post.

You didn't ask - You were just being ignorant
    But you will of course find a way to call me or whoever else that does it again, a 'plank' was it? Just make yourself stand out and make yourself look like a dumbass which I'm guessing you thrive on. :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    then there are the people who i think i would be friends with if i knew them personally.

And of course that includes me, doesn't it Kaff? ;):p
    ...And another thread is lost...
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i have respect for people who take advice that is given to them, and use it to make a real difference to their lives. like if they make a post saying 'OMG this is wrong with me, what the hell do i do?'. and people post with suggestions, and then some time later, original poster returns and posts something like 'thanks guys, i tried your suggestions and now everything is good'. sadly i haven't seen that happen much.

i followed peoples advice :p but didnt think that me telling everyone i was better now was worth a thread. I thought it was a bit too self centered :confused: but I'll take this oppurtunity to say thanks to everyone :p