You may be asked to reset your password when you try to login. This is part of a system update and is genuine, so it's safe to go ahead and do that. If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register, please email us at [email protected] rather than creating a new account. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Now we're out it doesn't matter.........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Like United officials said, the wording by UEFA leaves a lot to be desired for.

    However I think it's clear they were acting out of goodwill (i.e. we still believe Keane's action deserved a bigger punishment but we'll let it pass) rather than saying "Objective achieved- Man United out of the Champions League. You may allow that player to return".

    Still, not a very well thought statement and one that will add fuel to the 'UEFA/FA is prejudiced against us' conspiracy theorists.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Would you rather he was banned for the first two games of next season, which look like being in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round so would mean quite a lot?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Would you rather he was banned for the first two games of next season, which look like being in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round so would mean quite a lot?
    Exactly Kermit, If they would have handed him another 2 matches for him to take next year Godscop would have being moaning aswell. What do you want Godscop?? You was going to have a moan whatever they decided to do.

    I agree the wording poors but I agree with Aladdin with what they mean by it. Basically they are letting him off and wiping the slate clean for next year. What Bastards eh :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What they're saying is that had we got through Keane would miss the Quarter Final but as we didn't it doesn't matter.

    Disgraceful.

    Does anyone think that is is the correct way for UEFA to behave?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by godscop
    What they're saying is that had we got through Keane would miss the Quarter Final but as we didn't it doesn't matter.

    Disgraceful.

    Does anyone think that is is the correct way for UEFA to behave?
    Your always going on about how everyone is against you. Now someone has really helped you in letting your player be free of bans for next year your complaining. No pleasing some people.

    They have behaved in a sensible way imo, they thought there was more too it and wanted a longer ban so they were reviewing it. They've now decided that it will not affect this years tournament as you are OUT, so they've decided to use a bit of common sense and decided on no further action, leaving Keane free of bans for the start of the next campaign.

    They've done you a favour, get over it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This looks like an admission that there was no reason to extend the ban in the first place. If there was they should surely follow it through.

    Oh and they never did review it, it didn't get that far. They just decided that as were were out it didn't matter anymore.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by godscop
    This looks like an admission that there was no reason to extend the ban in the first place. If there was they should surely follow it through.

    Oh and they never did review it, it didn't get that far. They just decided that as were were out it didn't matter anymore.
    So what are you complaining about??? Just think Bowyers still serving his for a stamp, would you want the same situation for Keane next year?? They've done you a big favour imo.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    So what are you complaining about??? Just think Bowyers still serving his for a stamp, would you want the same situation for Keane next year?? They've done you a big favour imo.

    I am complaining because it looks like they don't have a proper process for dealing with this type of thing. They can extend bans whenever they feel like it, and they can decide it doesn't matter depending on what a teams situation is. Its corrupt.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by godscop
    I am complaining because it looks like they don't have a proper process for dealing with this type of thing. They can extend bans whenever they feel like it, and they can decide it doesn't matter depending on what a teams situation is. Its corrupt.
    And at this point it looks like its corrupt in your favour. How do you know the ban would have being extended?? You don't so the appeal could have seen no further action anyway.

    If he'd have got another say 3 games there would have being a thread complaining about that.

    I ask you, What would you have liked to happen in this situation?? I personally think they have shown a bit of common sense, which is lacking greatly within all parts of how the game of football is officiated, from the referees and linesman to the FA, UEFA etc.. We need more common sense used on a much more regular basis on and off the pitch. We don't want the game to be run/officiated from a book where everything is in black and white. Its already made the officiating ON the pitch a lot more strict and left the refs with no choice but to send players off etc.. when a bit of common sense should be used.

    E.g. (purely hypothetical), Arsenal 2-0 up at Man U 89mins gone comical defending from Wes Brown sees him take Henry out in the box when he has a clear sight at goal.

    WHAT WILL HAPPEN - Arsenal Penalty, Brown sent off

    WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN - Arsenal Penalty, Brown yellow carded

    This IMO is using common sense, the games 89mins old, Arsenal already 2-up with a penalty. There is no need to send Brown off the games dead but the refs HAVE to now, because its there wrote in black and white.

    More common sense like this needs to be brought back into the game.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    And at this point it looks like its corrupt in your favour. How do you know the ban would have being extended?? You don't so the appeal could have seen no further action anyway.

    It would have been otherwise why would they have called a review. I thought the one match ban was sensible. Please don't make out he wouldn't have been handed an extra 2 match ban had gone through, its obvious he would.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't know and neither do you, it lookedl ike it was heading that way and if so they have done you a favour by using common sense.

    Do you agree with my points on using common sense a lot more???
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Do you agree with my points on using common sense a lot more???

    I agree, however it will never work like that as rules are rules and, unless you can give all referees the same amount of common sense decisions will always be contested.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by godscop
    I agree, however it will never work like that as rules are rules and, unless you can give all referees the same amount of common sense decisions will always be contested.
    That is the joy of it IMO, as long as that 90mins the same amount of common sense is used in all decisions then it doesn't matter if another game with another ref has different outcomes.

    It has worked in the past so why not now?? Refs aren't allowed to use common sense anymore. Take a Leeds pre-season friendly, Viduka should have being sent off, the ref used his common sense and let Leeds substitute him instead. The ref ended up getting fined for using his common sense.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you not think that its managers and the media who cause a lot of problems? They moan about some decisions and not about others. The FA are quite weak when it comes to ignoring the media, they seem shit scared of being labeled soft.

    I fully agree that if a referee can use the same code of practice throughout one game then its ok. Most of the time though, we see referees booking somebody for one thing, then not booking another player for the exact same thing.

    I'll use Sunday as an example, the first booking wasn't really deserved. It was followed by 3 fouls (both sides) that were worse. He didn't book them as he had just made a rod for his own back. I think that referees should try to keep the games flowing instead of worrying to much about what people will say at full time.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Saying that if we get some bad decisions against us on Saturday and it costs us the game, I will be complaining :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The refs are always in the spot-light and can be the cause of a team winning or losing. This will never change and people will always blame refs. I just think a bit more common sense needs to be brought back into the game.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    The refs are always in the spot-light and can be the cause of a team winning or losing. This will never change and people will always blame refs. I just think a bit more common sense needs to be brought back into the game.

    This will never happen until the media stop sensationalising (is that a word?) everything.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by godscop
    sensationalising (is that a word?)
    Tis now :) I know what you mean.
Sign In or Register to comment.