Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

boobah

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i didn't know whether to put this in entertainment or drugs, cause i'm not sure it's either.

but what in god's name is this about? and were the people who thought of it sane?

it seems to have no educational value at all, it's just very very fucked up. my head hurts.

anyway, my question was, for those of you with young kiddies, or with young kiddies in your family, do you look at the stuff they watch and play with and read and think if maybe they might grow up to be total nutcases?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I could swear they are just paedophiles trying to lure kids into a false sense of security.
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    I could swear they are just paedophiles trying to lure kids into a false sense of security.

I wouldn't go that far but yeah drumming a kids head with utter shit...........well it can't do them good, can it?
    Didn't they say the same about the Flowerpot men Flobble obble
    And we grow up and still watch a load of shite that they show on telly - We must bann this now before the world goes mad!
    Originally posted by Cruel2BKind
    We must bann this now before the world goes mad!
    Too late... :(
    And we grow up and still watch a load of shite that they show on telly

at least the shows we watch now make sense, and aren't just trippy swirly nonsense with 5 multi-coloured, stupidly-named, furry weird things that are kinda phallic and very very scary.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    at least the shows we watch now make sense, and aren't just trippy swirly nonsense with 5 multi-coloured, stupidly-named, furry weird things that are kinda phallic and very very scary.

Yeah your right - Move over teletubies we should get our kids to watch eastenders so they can see what Dirty Den is up to -
    oh my god!!! :crazyeyes boobahs scare the pants off me, they r freaky wierdos. the scariest ones are the ones in the shops where their eyes move and click when you press their hands <shivers in fear!!>
    When I was over at the bloke's there was this programme on about this mad chinese lass bouncing on a spacehopper, and about 6 people came a black man, an asian, an old lady etc [very p.c] and watched her. She bounced, then went sky high for a few moments and came down.

Then they went OOOOOOOOOOH! How the feck is that entertaining, or...educational?

Very misleading..I want a fancy spacehopper like hers :(
    Originally posted by Susie
    But the website's so cute

:p

OMFG THAT'S SO A STONERS WEBSITE! I need to tell Scott when he's doped up :O
    AHEM: programmes like this are made for people like me :p
    <-- *cough* :p
    How bizarre, I was just talking about this today.

It amuses me greatly. The best bit is the storytime bit, with Mrs Lady and Mr Man :yes: and the narrator with his deadpan voice talking about Little Dog Fido.

Shut up Laura..

But yes. Whilst it is incredibly funny, I fail to see the educational benefit for the little kiddies. :( I remember reading an article about it and how it was carefully written so it is educational in every possible way, but I fail to see it. Kids'll just like the pretty colours.
    that show's soooooo... icky... wrong.. Boobah's, fimbles, teletubbies and tweenys should burn in hell..

BRING BACK REAL KIDS SHOW'S :D

Come'on non of them are even human.. I know one kid across the road who thinks fimbles are furry scary alians trying to suck his brains out.. poor poor soul:(
    Some of the childrens programmes are really surreal, but then they are not designed for adult minds. tellytubbies is educational, theres a lot of research gone into it unlike some other programmes. I cant comment on boohbah as ive only seen it once, and it looked entrancing, probably very young children/older babies would enjoy the colours sounds and movement, but i think it would be a bit young for my 3 yr old.
    I definitely think some of the programmes are drug inspired, but then again, some of the older kids programmes were too, think magic roundabout.
    well let's see:

i grew up watching:

knightmare, count duckula, he-man, transformers, dangermouse, trapdoor, flowerpot men, thomas the tank engine, teenage mutant ninja turtles, button moon, rainbow etc. etc.

i am:

a mosher/grunger/punk/sweatie/weirdo
    i enjoy anything strange and am most definately not classed as normal.

what did you watch growing up? and how did you turn out?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I watched this in complete awe this afternoon at just how shite and pointless it really is.
    oh, i like the tweenies :(

oh god, just i just admit that!? what! my little bro used to watch them when he was younger! ;):p
    Re: boobah
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i didn't know whether to put this in entertainment or drugs, cause i'm not sure it's either.

but what in god's name is this about? and were the people who thought of it sane?

it seems to have no educational value at all, it's just very very fucked up. my head hurts.

anyway, my question was, for those of you with young kiddies, or with young kiddies in your family, do you look at the stuff they watch and play with and read and think if maybe they might grow up to be total nutcases?
    HAVEN'T READ ONE REPLY TO THIS ..still do ...but more so now about granchildren. much more so.
    saying that ...all my kids worry me ...always have done ...they seem fine so far ...
    Originally posted by welsh_mosher
    , thomas the tank engine
    Oh dear God, my son is obsessed with this and its so dodgy, not the kind of message i want him to get. Its all about one engine putting another engine in its place, bringing it down a peg or two etc etc, and thats when the trains arent coming off the rails or having a crash. Im surprised we dont have more kids who are absolutely petrified of going on a train. Whats even more disturbing is when hes playing with his trains and says `careful thomas` in a ringo starr accent :eek2:
    Oh God, I`m about to be boring. :(

Why on earth are sane, sensible adults watching tv programmes designed for babies and moaning about how pointless they are??? I don`t get it. If you don`t like it, don`t watch it; it wasn`t designed for you anyway. It`s intended for BABIES! They really don`t have the brain power for anything more outcome oriented than this. My little boy loved it but even he`s starting to lose interest in it now and he`s not quite 2.
    that is the most pointless website ever, I think there is a possibility that it is even worse than the programme.
    Originally posted by Blah_ha
    that is the most pointless website ever, I think there is a possibility that it is even worse than the programme.

Nooooooo.. why on earth do they insist on showing weird fluffy NON human things.. ther'd get obssessed with hunting them down and meeting them... it's like saying to little kids micky mouse is real and taking them to disney land to meet them.. It's wrong..

Personly when I have kids I'd limit the amount of Tv they watch and also make them watch quality childrens programs not some tacky little tweenie running around singing.. WTF is a tweenie.. not human. not animal?...
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Nooooooo.. why on earth do they insist on showing weird fluffy NON human things.. ther'd get obssessed with hunting them down and meeting them... it's like saying to little kids micky mouse is real and taking them to disney land to meet them.. It's wrong..

Personly when I have kids I'd limit the amount of Tv they watch and also make them watch quality childrens programs not some tacky little tweenie running around singing.. WTF is a tweenie.. not human. not animal?...

Will you also admit that Santa Claus doesn't excist?
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Whats even more disturbing is when hes playing with his trains and says `careful thomas` in a ringo starr accent

:lol:

it's amazing what they pick up. my nephew loves the teletubbies, and after my dad saw one of the episodes, and quietly called tinky-winky a fairy for having a handbag, he now says 'tinky fairy' every time he sees him.

but yeah, i LOVED thomas the tank engine when i was little, but i don't think i ever really got the messages in it, i just liked looking at the trains. i had a slight train obsession when i was little, and wanted to be a train driver until i was about 7.
    Awww, Rainbow your wee son'd get on well with Brian, oh yes.

Choo choo.
    Will you also admit that Santa Claus doesn't excist?

ahh but thats diffrent.. christmas is a tradition and I'd teach my kid the meanings of other religions of what christmas was.. yes I'd mention santa claus but I'd mention who he was and the real st nicolas (sp) but aslong as the otherone..

Tv programs are diffrent..

this is only my opinion mind you.
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    I don't ever remember believing it...
    *sigh* I was always a cynical cunt.

Lol.. :) that made me giggle..
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    I don't ever remember believing it...
    *sigh* I was always a cynical cunt.

Awww.... so sad!

My niece loved the teletubies when she was younger -
    Remember her calling her cat Dipsy, coz it was the only one she could pronounce properly - Po, always came out as Po-Po and la-la... always turned into a song.

Though when she named her cat Dipsy, we always assumed it was a girl till me and my niece was rubbing it's belly and my niece noticed it's dip-stick popped out. :eek2: