Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Strangers & Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When was the last time or most memorable time you were helped out or helped a total stranger?

Two days ago I when to the petrol station to get fuel and also check my tyres.

I saw they were low so started pumping them up whilst the guy that came after me had stopped to buy some drinks from the station and then couldn't get his car started again.

So I helped jump start his car for him.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know this will probably get me shouted at for being an idiot, but i was young and stupid when this happened.
    I had just gotten off the bus and looked in my bag and i couldnt find my phone. Oh No! I'd left it on the bus. Now i was crying and kinda shouting at my bag and this guy came over ot me to see if i was ok. i told him what happened and he drove me all the way to the bus depo to get it back:D and he told me a story on the way. Its kinda like the pass it on thing.
    When he went traveling he left his addressbook in a cab, and the cab driver went all round the area looking for him.
    So now i owe some random person a favour.
    On my way to peterborough on sat some girl was cry so i sat opersite her and got chatting to her.. happens she'd just been thrown out and got on a random train poor girl.. so I gave her a fiver to get summit to eat..

not that.....memorable I guess but I've been like in need of money etc when I run away and I knew what it was like....
    I've done the helping old ladies up the stairs, off/on the buss and across the road thing. I also give to charity's.. like the people who collect in the street for cancer research and the NSPCC(?), and give the people selling The Big Issue a few quid, etc. Somone droped their shopping walking down the street which I think was the time when people were just looking and laughing so I helped them pick it up. Helped a few people out with stuff.
    Marching out of the train station some bloke in front had a tesco bag with his work bits in and it was about to fall in (an orange was hanging half out) so I gave him the heads up and warmed him.

It's kind of embarrassing having your stuff fall everywhere so I thought I should tell him.

Ever notice how when you do help someone they almost look at you as if you are mad?
    Ever notice how when you do help someone they almost look at you as if you are mad?

I find that with I've helped people that look at me kinda like.. WTF? Prberly because they were expecting a young lad to kick ''em up the arse or laugh.
    I always hold doors open for people, but do they say thank you, do they FUCK!! Bastards!
    I gave change from my lunch to rainbows at school :confused: but that's about it. Once on the bus I was talking about WW2 planes (we're sad :p) and this old guy started talking to us about them :) and he knew so much! I was a bit embarresed cos I don't normally talk to strangers; let alone old men, but he really knew what he was talking about.
    the other week me and my b/f were walking through chester, and an old lady fell over and dropped all her shopping. we rushed over+helped her up+put all her shopping back in her bags. she was well chuffed :D
    on the way home from school in year 11 an old man fell over in the road with a shopping trolley! And me and my mate went and helped him but then some old busy body man came over and gave us evils then helped the old man himself :mad:
    ooo They week before I was onthe Underground and this woman had a huge suitcase with her and was struggling to lift it up the staircase so I lifted it from the bottom for her over about 3 sets of staircases.

I think she was pleased for the help, was surprised no one else bothered to help her.

Then when I got ot the top of the station I went to get a trainmap and then walk out and there she was againstruggling with the final few stairs to street level and again no one helped her so I gave her bag another lift.
    I helped an old lady off the bus a while ago :D