Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anger.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's only just really hit me today how much of an anger problem I have. Now this is really starting to worry me and I'm getting scared it's not like I like being angry I just can't help it and along with everything else It's piling on top of me, It's really scary and the only thing that seems to calm me down is either speaking to my girlfriend or my close friends.

It's starting to fucking worry me and I dunno what to do about it? I don't get to see my councillor that much and I can't see one at school now due to the amount of time left in the year.

What can I do... is there any websites that could help?

many thanks
hellfire.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya

This is something we're planning to cover, but for now try the following links:

Mind booklet - how to deal with anger

BBC - anger management

Also Careline might be able to help you:
    Telephone counselling service for children, young people and adults on any issue, including relationships, depression, mental health, child abuse, bullying, rape and sexual assault, domestic violence, addictions, stress etc.
    Telephone: 020 8875 0500

Susie :)
    Thank you sooo much.

Just another quick question.. Has anyone else here suffered from anger? and how did you cope? did you get pyhsical and violent or just argue and shout alot?
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    Thank you sooo much.

Just another quick question.. Has anyone else here suffered from anger? and how did you cope? did you get pyhsical and violent or just argue and shout alot?

i used to get very stressed and angry, and the best things i found that helped were punching pillows. that way no1 gets hurt, and u get rid of some of your anger. also, try going somewhere isolated, and just shouting to get things off your chest.
    Has anyone else here suffered from anger? and how did you cope? did you get pyhsical and violent or just argue and shout alot?

Since my mum stabbed my dad he has been very violent. I never remember him being that violent before that. He shouts alot and gets dead angry at the stupidest things. And I think because of this, I can get quite angry too. Well, it runs in my family but I dont go around stabbing people, thankfully. :p I just tend to shout and go 'argh' alot. :yes:
    Originally posted by *Lisa*
    Since my mum stabbed my dad he has been very violent. I never remember him being that violent before that. He shouts alot and gets dead angry at the stupidest things. And I think because of this, I can get quite angry too. Well, it runs in my family but I dont go around stabbing people, thankfully. :p I just tend to shout and go 'argh' alot. :yes:

I think thats what happened to me.. Since I've had people be violent to me I've started to become violent myself:( I bloody hate it.. I'm against most forms of violence unless it's sport of self defence. but now if someone pisses me off I feel like Hitting the cunts
    I find the easiest way to deal with it is to just go off into a room and scream and shout and punch the shit out of soft furnishings until it passes. It usually does quite quickly for me.

Having a lovely hot bath with lots of bubbles is also a good styress-reliever. It helps me a lot, and I do have a lot of problems with anger.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I find the easiest way to deal with it is to just go off into a room and scream and shout and punch the shit out of soft furnishings until it passes. It usually does quite quickly for me.

Having a lovely hot bath with lots of bubbles is also a good styress-reliever. It helps me a lot, and I do have a lot of problems with anger.

Thanks mate,

the hitting things never did anything for me but I'll try out the bath thing:)

I've noticed in the past few months that I have been getting angry more and more. Things used to just piss me off, but now for some reason when anything goes wrong, I feel like the world is against me. Part of me knows that this is ridiculous but another part of me is convinced it's true. It's bizarre.

It's affecting how I work because if the slightest thing goes wrong I lose it. I don't get violent but I get so angry I can't help but shout and curse.

I've also noticed that I get a pain in my chest when I get this angry. Does anyone know why that might be?
    Originally posted by Chris MS
    I've noticed in the past few months that I have been getting angry more and more. Things used to just piss me off, but now for some reason when anything goes wrong, I feel like the world is against me. Part of me knows that this is ridiculous but another part of me is convinced it's true. It's bizarre.

It's affecting how I work because if the slightest thing goes wrong I lose it. I don't get violent but I get so angry I can't help but shout and curse.

I've also noticed that I get a pain in my chest when I get this angry. Does anyone know why that might be?

Wow.. I've...had pains before.. I thought it was nothing..

It's so weird.. I don't want to be angry but I am it's fucking stupid... it's... well pathetic.. I can't control it anymore and I think it could be something chemicaly wrong with me.
    Thank you sooo much.

Yes, I have dealt with anger and still deal with it a lot. I usually only shout and argue if I get angry with someone or else keep it all bottled up inside until it builds up and end up doing shit later that isn't very destructed towards myself.

But anywho, lately, if I end up keeping the anger and stuff all bottled up until I explode I try to like punch a pillow, talk about it during a therapy session, or write in a journal or talk with a friend.
    Try taking up martial arts. That may seem like completly the wrong thing to do, but I find it helps you control yourself, plus you get a chance to get violent in a controled environment.
    I'm a very angry person!

I've been angry since I was about 11, but over the years the violence has come and gone.

It's got to the point where after flipping out at the end of January, I kicked my g/f parents door in, smashed up my own car, got banned from drink driving, punched a window through a nightclub and various other things all in a night out on the piss..

Smashing things up has come on a lot lately but I go to a drug/alchohol self help group now which also put me on an anger management course.

I've only been twice so far but it's well worth it, it's very hard, emotionally and mentally I'm tired, guilty, and it's actually made me more angry, but I was told that's normal at the beginning...

I would recommend it though, teach you about why you're angry and how to use it as positive anger, and also how to defuse situations and not to bite etc.

If you wanna chat let me know ok

Phil