Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sven

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What?

Hasn't anyone got anything to say about the weekend's story?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Haven't played that much attention to be honest.

Was it really 'the S*n wot made him sign'?
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Was it really 'the S*n wot made him sign'?

:lol:

:no:

It was the Sun wot whipped up the whole furore in the first place.

Assholes.
    Am I the only one who thinks someone close to Eriksson tipped The Sun off about where he was going- I doubt even Wade would have a photographer camped permanently outside Kenyon's house.

After all, it's a great way of scaring the FA into giving you a bigger pay rise than you would otherwise have got.
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Am I the only one who thinks someone close to Eriksson tipped The Sun off about where he was going- I doubt even Wade would have a photographer camped permanently outside Kenyon's house.

After all, it's a great way of scaring the FA into giving you a bigger pay rise than you would otherwise have got.

I think that they would follow him anyway, but I do agree that he used this to get more money. I'm not convinced that he was ever going to leave the job.

I can't believe all this "loyalty" hypocrisy though. The FA showed Hoddle and Venables very little loyalty, and the media haven't shown any England manager any loyalty for decades...
    Sven has not once said 'I will be managing England after Euro 2004' why should anyone trust him?
    Well football is nowadays all about money and very little to do about loyalty. I know the S*n wasn't the main culprit on Eriksson's case (that honour falls to the Daily Mosley and the Express) but I still remember all the right wing tabloid's cries when a "foreigner" was elected to the 'sacred' post of manager of England.

Can't expect Eriksson to have that much loyalty for England when they were queuing up to complain about Johnny Foreigners from "a country of skiers who spend 6 months a year in darkness" taking charge, can they? :mad:
    I got the impression that as the papers said he would be leaving, they've got pissed off as again they've been made to look like no nothing fuckers.

Why shouldn't Sven look at other offers? How much loaylty do you have for the company you work for? Wouldn't you move for more money? I don't believe that Sven ever pledged that he would still be England coach after Euro 2004.

There aren't many coaches that have the credentials he has got, even less who would look twice at the England job. They should stop moaning.
    I wouldn't blame him for looking around, theres no loyalty in football anyway, its all about money and the current results.
    Originally posted by dantheman
    Sven has not once said 'I will be managing England after Euro 2004' why should anyone trust him?

Why does he have to say it? He has signed a contract- that shows enough "loyalty" for me.

He'd be a fool to not listen to otehr offers, everyone does it. The only one who wouldn't would probably be Alex Ferguson now.
    Originally posted by dantheman

And I don't know of any England fan, or member of the press, who have said that they would have backed him regardless of results in Portugal.

We all knowthat both would have been on hisback if England play badly, in fact they still will.

Yet in spite of the intrusions and the abuse, they seem to expect him to show the ultimate loyalty. I really don't hink that he owes us anything, except to try his hardest to win. I would be very surprised if anything would have stopped him doing that anyway...