Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

health and a drugs question please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
last night we all got stonned and drunk and every one was felling pretty lean. my mate was tipsy and some alot and went on some mad depressing story. and he told us he is on this medication for his temper. it says not to drink or do drugs that damage his liver, but he does base and pills. does any one know what these temper drugs are cos he wont say nothing about it know? and im worried that when he does class a's or drinks that he's gonna hurt himself or even worse die!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well if he continues to drink he's a fool if he's on medication, i've done it before but i'm a fool too, i don't really know base and yokes would react to him, if he's having fucked up problems while on these drugs then he probably shouldn't be taking them.

by the way kns remember you made a post about thinking whether you should try yokes or not, well did you or didn't you?
    Well, it could be any number of things really, worst case it could be anti phychotic drugs such as Welbutrin, and frankly if they are doing drugs with that you dont want to be there, they can mix VERY badly.

However, it could be simple downers, such as a benzo, which would be very dangerous with alcohol, but not so bad with the stimulants. However you would be putting a bit strain on the liver/kidneys.

Or it could be an anti-depressant, and if he's using these MDMA wont work anyway, and mixing amphetamine with them could lead to a massive spike in blood pressure, which is obviously dangerous.

Try and find out what drug it is and then I can do some research and try and give detailed answers.
    you realy don't want to be partying with someone who is on medication to control temper ...possibly violence ...who is micxing that medication with alcohol and various other substances. my guess would be that he will explode at some point ...total loss of control. do you realy want to be around him when that happens?
    the odds are that it will happen.
    there is a drug known as the liquid cosh ...which he may be on ...can't remember the friggin name now. if he's on this one and mixing up ...run.
    I know the stuff you mean Rolly, I very much doubt they would give it to a child, or anyone anymore, its a heavy Barb isnt it.

I'm thinking phenobutinol, I dont know why, its just lingering in my brain, that maybe wrong.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I know the stuff you mean Rolly, I very much doubt they would give it to a child, or anyone anymore, its a heavy Barb isnt it.

I'm thinking phenobutinol, I dont know why, its just lingering in my brain, that maybe wrong.
    not that one mate ...the name will come to me ...annoying me like shit now.
    they used to use it in prisons on the kind of inmates niether the staff or other prisoners could live with ...it will come to me.
    Originally posted by bongbudda

got it! just came back to me ...LARGACTYL.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Ritalin possibly?
    Weekender Offender 
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I feel as though I have to do the mod thing here, just to clarify - as Bong said, he could be undergoing any number of treatments, as to the best of my knowledge there is no medication to control your temper as such. I'd say the medication will be to treat the underlying cause of your friends anger, and make it easier for him to have some control over his temper. Is he seeing a councillor or something as well?

As for his smoking drinking and taking base and pills, medication warnings are there for a reason and he runs the risk of doing some damage. Liver damage is especially nasty as it may not be obvious until weeks afterwards.

Besides the fact that he probably isn't in the right frame of mind to be taking drugs and dealing with comedowns, they could just be making his problem worse. At least he has spoken to you about it, perhaps the best thing you could do for him right now is let him know you are worried about him and tell him you are around if he needs to talk...........
    Your right LadyJade, there really isnt any drugs to control temper really, the only ones I can think of are depressives, be it Barbs or Benzos, niether of which I think they would give to a child on a regular basis without VERY good reason.