Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

This weekend: mushrooms or LSD?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I might have $25 by Friday so I was wondering what you think I should trip on. LSD is the cheaper of the two, so that plays a factor. I've tripped on shrooms once. Just a little background information.

Comments

• Options
    Ok, well basically this boils down to a fairly old debate about which of the two is better.

But first of all I would want to make sure that the LSD I was being offered was real. Its rare in most parts of the world now and getting your hands on good quality acid is a hard task. But seing as your about 6000 miles away it might be different.

They are just different, acid is more internal, more introspective and less visual unless you use a lot.

It also depends quite a bit on the type of mushies you use, I've found some of the stranger breeds of them, the mexican especially can have the acid like introspection.

What is the set and setting of your trip enviroment, that will make the decision easier. If your going to a party then dont bother with the cid for your first time, some people dont do well with acid and a social situation, it takes a few trips to get the feel of it first.
  • Options
    Go with the shrooms me self.........:cool:

Bopz
  • Options
    Well since i'm already getting Mexican mushrooms tommorow i would pick the LSD.

I would go with acid for you, you've already tried mushrooms before.
  • Options
    Have you had the mexican ones before Shogun, to be honest I prefer the native ones, the thin small ones with little heads to them, though I cant remember their name.

They are more visual for me, more euphoric. The Mexican ones are quite a bit more like LSD, more introspective. They are still good, but less of a socal trip, I did about 4g of dried ones last time I did them and that was really interesting. But then I did it by myself because I prefer to trip like that.
  • Options
    No never had them before, i'll find out later how they are.

4g of dried, is that about 40grams of fresh then?
  • Options
    Yeah about that, although I'm not totally sure on the weight, it was about 4-4.5g of dried. It was certainly quite strong.
  • Options
    so Iscariot what did you get that weekend, LSD or mushrooms?
  • Options
    Hey
    I'd pick 'shrooms personally because I haven't tripped properly off them yet and I think acid would be too intense for a first psychedelic experience..but then again you have, so yeah-go with the acid.
    Random question: if I bought around 10gs of mexican mushrooms from a head shop, would it be worth drying them out? How would I go about it ? (sorry for hijacking the thread :p)
    ta x
  • Options
    Drying them out makes them a Class A drug and i don't think you want to be doing that ;)
    Just eat them raw, 10 grams would be ok i suppose for the first time.

Put them in your fridge prior to eating them.

I just realised it was you vorni, last time i ate mushrooms they were the mexiciana ones and i ate in and around 15 grams, maybe a bit over it but it was good and not hard to handle at all, next time i think i'll try 30grams which is a full bag.
  • Options
    hey

Yeah I guess I'll just stick to about 10gs then, maybe 15...?

Also, what will putting them in the fridge do?

When I experimented with them in the past, I had a few Liberty Caps which I just stuck in a chutney sandwhich to hide the taste :yuck: (just in case- I've heard Mexican ones can taste absoloutely foul)... it was a nice experience but left me wondering what a proper trip would be like, soo hopefully doing them next weekend :)

Vorn x
  • Options
    Yea 10 or 15 i'm sure you'll get an effect but maybe a bit more if you want it full on proper for the first time.

Keeps them fresh and no they don't taste that foul, just have a drink beside you to wash it down.

Enjoy them :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Yea 10 or 15 i'm sure you'll get an effect but maybe a bit more if you want it full on proper for the first time.

Keeps them fresh and no they don't taste that foul, just have a drink beside you to wash it down.

Enjoy them :)

Sounds like a plan :p
    When I get around to it, I'll post how it went

Vorn x
  • Options
    One thing you will be doing is smoking alot of weed when your on them.
  • Options
    I dont really like doing cannabis when I trip, it fuddles my mind too much and I end up getting confused and my thought patterns get really circular.

Some like it though.
  • Options
    You do get very monged out sort of when you take mushrooms and cannabis, it's just really for something to sit around with friends and do while tripping.
  • Options
    I dont really take mild trips in a social situation you see, I normally only take things in quite high doses by myself.
  • Options
    Oh rite, the only thing i've taken on my own before besides cannabis was ecstacy and that was only the once, it's better with friends i think, more things to talk about and have a bit of a laugh.

Actually when i think about it the time i took it on my own i did have a good time, you could do what you wanted whenever you wanted as you were alone at home but i'm still with going out with friends and taking stuff, i rang alot of people too that night.
  • Options
    I went with the gooms that night, couldn't get a hold of any LSD.
  • Options
    That doesnt surprise me, its rare all over.

Shogun; The only time I've ever done beans by myself was when I snorted to tri-mitzis, I had a massive rush come up and really peaked and had a huge high, then a seriously crash and burn comedown by myself which was grim so I never did it again.