Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

London Meetup - With Universal Event

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    *worships the pickle* :p
    And so you damn well should - take a leaf out of ShyBoy's book everyone, and you will go far.
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Call for children's parties and group bookings.
    I have to ask... which are we?! :p
    you mean noone wants to go to lewisham bowl?

that place sounds alright, along with being less than half hour from here.
    Looks good to me:)
    So if we did go Bowling on say a Saturday what sort of time would most people want to go?

Cos they charge different rates at different times.

But works out about £5 per person per hour (assuming 6 people per lane)
    I'd suggest in my personal opinion lunch timeish as 12-2 It'll give people a chance to get down/up there and travel sorted out, I also suggest if it happens we meet somewhere before hand as I don't think they'd like a bunch of people waiting around for others to arrive. Maybe a pub or bar. just somewhere where everyone could meet before they head off to the bowling,

Just a suggestion anyone. Proberlly stupid though.
    Originally posted by Hellfire
    I'd suggest in my personal opinion lunch timeish as 12-2 It'll give people a chance to get down/up there and travel sorted out, I also suggest if it happens we meet somewhere before hand as I don't think they'd like a bunch of people waiting around for others to arrive. Maybe a pub or bar. just somewhere where everyone could meet before they head off to the bowling,

Just a suggestion anyone. Proberlly stupid though.

There is a bar in that venue, also about 30 pool tables!!

Personally to meet getting their lunch time sounds well early to me, espacially if you've been clubbing the night before .. LOL :D

I'd have said more like meetup at around 2pm and start bowling around 3pm?? Then after that people can chat or play pool, etc.

I suppose the younger ones may be under a curfew?? Although since the clocks has gone forward at least that's an extra hour of sunlight.
    Yeah Well I did suggest 12-2 sounds good..

curfew wouldn't be a problem for alot but some of us who might have to travel some way might have to get last trains etc and could be akward.

Pool tables:) fun.. Sounds fun but depends If I have the money as I've got to go see my gf soon so moneys bit thin at the moment:(
    I work on saturdays:( Can it not be an evening thing so i can come *puppy dog eyes*
    however much i'd love to go and meet you all... i dont think i'll be going due to lack of pennsy and the fact im away in june in Norwich anyway!

hope you have fun!!

(i want to sort out this yorkshire meet, will anyone intrested plz let me know)

S xxx
    Originally posted by Zella
    I work on saturdays:( Can it not be an evening thing so i can come *puppy dog eyes*

Aww I'm sure they'd change it for you,

Chances of me coming 50/50 although I think my appernece could be a little provocative
    We need a Scottish meet :yes:
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

Well make a thread and don't hyjack:p
    Originally posted by Zella

You work until what time?? :)
    English and American pool tables

can i just ask what the difference is?
    i wanna come but it'll have to be in the day if i do. and ive only ever met molo so i think you should keep it in the day cos ummm....i need to meet more people!
    Originally posted by my_name
    can i just ask what the difference is?

Americain pool theres slighty diffrent rules and you have the strips and dots or whatever in english pool we have red n orange balls...

my..god.. me talking about balls:(
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i wanna come but it'll have to be in the day if i do. and ive only ever met molo so i think you should keep it in the day cos ummm....i need to meet more people!

Depending on people's schedules I suppose it may be possible to book two lanes at two different times, like maybe 3pm to 4pm for the young ones and those who need to get home early and then maybe a bit later on at maybe 6pm to 7pm, I'm sure the rest of us can easily kill off two hours inthe bar or playing pool?? .. comments please?
    Depending on people's schedules I suppose it may be possible to book two lanes at two different times, like maybe 3pm to 4pm for the young ones and those who need to get home early and then maybe a bit later on at maybe 6pm to 7pm, I'm sure the rest of us can easily kill off two hours inthe bar or playing pool?? .. comments please?

Cool Sounds great idea...

Just a little mift about where it is... what stations are there near by?
    Cool Sounds great idea...

Just a little mift about where it is... what stations are there near by?

Finsbury Park is the nearest tube station.

I've never been there but I am going to London on Sunday so could check it out then. I might even be going sooner into London just need to check my schedule.

But if we do book it people will need to stump up the deposit at the very least which is 25% of the full total or £1.25 if they intend to play for 1 hour or £2.50 if they intend to play for two hours.

It costs £30 per hour to play for upto 6 people inc. enterance and shoe hire. So totals will be £5 per person per hour (Assuming we get exactly 6 people per lane)
    Finsbury Park is the nearest tube station.

I've never been there but I am going to London on Sunday so could check it out then. I might even be going sooner into London just need to check my schedule.

But if we do book it people will need to stump up the deposit at the very least which is 25% of the full total or £1.25 if they intend to play for 1 hour or £2.50 if they intend to play for two hours.

It costs £30 per hour to play for upto 6 people inc. enterance and shoe hire. So totals will be £5 per person per hour (Assuming we get exactly 6 people per lane)

Sounds good to me.. just dunno how to pay the deposit:(
    Sounds good to me.. just dunno how to pay the deposit:(

Try NoChex, cheapest way I think www.nochex.com

I've been using for ages to buy stuff in auctions, etc.

But first better get everyone to confirm their most likely to attend dates and times. We seem to be having more response from people that live miles away then the peple who actually live in London.

BTW if anyone wants to stay over night in London the Generator Hostel is pretty cool and has a bar until 2am, although no residents are no longer able to go in since thaey put a big bouncer on the door.
    Try NoChex, cheapest way I think www.nochex.com

I've been using for ages to buy stuff in auctions, etc.

But first better get everyone to confirm their most likely to attend dates and times. We seem to be having more response from people that live miles away then the peple who actually live in London.

BTW if anyone wants to stay over night in London the Generator Hostel is pretty cool and has a bar until 2am, although no residents are no longer able to go in since thaey put a big bouncer on the door.

I don't get the last part.. sounds good.. thanks:)
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I think he means "non residents"

Ahhh thanks:)
    You can all come to the pub I live in!

But it's in Greater Manchester.
    Originally posted by BritJames
    I think he means "non residents"

Yep NON Residents

:D
    Originally posted by Bri-namite

In Aberdeen, yeah? :p
    So .. no more comments about a meetup?? .. always hard to organise everyone int he same place at the same time :)
    Well what else is there, I'm up for it..name date and time If I'm not busy with girl or my operation I'll be there:)
    Well what else is there, I'm up for it..name date and time If I'm not busy with girl or my operation I'll be there:)

Very cool, we really need at least 3 more people to come down to book a lane .. I can bring a friend with me so that would make 6