Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Surround sound

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
ok bit of a weird question I think but humour me.....

My boyf's getting surround sound put in his room for his bday, can people name me some films that would be good on surround sound? Gimme some suggestions :p
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Anything with guns and expoloding shit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by JsT
    Anything with guns and expoloding shit.

Yeh but give me some eg's....:p
    Independence Day. If you can stand that film.
    Saving Private Ryan.
    Actually, anything. I was watching Breakfast at Tiffany's the other day and the music was behind me, so it was all atmospheric...

But generally guns and exploding buildings and things work best. The Matrix, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars films are all good, and Armageddon, although I actually despise that film these days.

If I'm feeling in a really bad mood, I put the first movement of Carmina Burana or the overture to Carmen on and put all the speakers on so that it's reeeeaaaaally loud and the sub woofer makes the room shake when the timpani start... it's great! Please don't all think I'm a total saddo...
    Originally posted by piccolo
    But generally guns and exploding buildings and things work best. The Matrix, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars films are all good, and Armageddon, although I actually despise that film these days.

I was going to get him Matrix Revolutions but its not out til Friday and his birthday is Weds.... :chin: He's got all the other ones you mentioned :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Faith
    I was going to get him Matrix Revolutions but its not out til Friday and his birthday is Weds.... :chin: He's got all the other ones you mentioned :rolleyes:
    What about some classic action like the original Italian Job? Most old films on DVD are revamped so they're in 5:1 surround.

Failing that.... hmmm.... Someone mentioned Independence Day, that's good. Galaxy Quest is hilarious unless he's one of those Sci-Fi buffs who take the genre too seriously! That aside, I can't think....

Edited to add Pirates of the Caribbean!
    Blackhawk Down is quite good in SS.
    1. Lord of the rings
    2. Bad Boys II
    3. Matrix
    4. INdependence Day
    1 - saving private ryan
    2 - black hawk down
    3 - enemy at the gates
    4 - blade I/II
    Re: Surround sound
    Originally posted by Faith
    ok bit of a weird question I think but humour me.....

My boyf's getting surround sound put in his room for his bday, can people name me some films that would be good on surround sound? Gimme some suggestions :p

Actualy quiet movies may be better then loud explosions, my friend has surround sound on his TV and in quiet moments you start hearing things behind you, it's kinda creepy!! :D
    Re: Re: Surround sound
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Actualy quiet movies may be better then loud explosions, my friend has surround sound on his TV and in quiet moments you start hearing things behind you, it's kinda creepy!! :D
    Yes, that's what I meat about films like Breakfast at Tiffany's. There's one point in Cruel Intentions where, if you're sitting near one particular speaker it starts telling you "you are a slut" repeatedly...