Young Carers of The Mix, we need you! Tell us about your experiences of our services and give yourself a chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers.

Surround sound

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok bit of a weird question I think but humour me.....

My boyf's getting surround sound put in his room for his bday, can people name me some films that would be good on surround sound? Gimme some suggestions :p

Comments

  • JsTJsT TheSite Graduate Posts: 18,265 I am one with The Mix
    Anything with guns and expoloding shit.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by JsT
    Anything with guns and expoloding shit.

    Yeh but give me some eg's....:p
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Independence Day. If you can stand that film.
    Saving Private Ryan.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Actually, anything. I was watching Breakfast at Tiffany's the other day and the music was behind me, so it was all atmospheric...

    But generally guns and exploding buildings and things work best. The Matrix, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars films are all good, and Armageddon, although I actually despise that film these days.

    If I'm feeling in a really bad mood, I put the first movement of Carmina Burana or the overture to Carmen on and put all the speakers on so that it's reeeeaaaaally loud and the sub woofer makes the room shake when the timpani start... it's great! Please don't all think I'm a total saddo...
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by piccolo
    But generally guns and exploding buildings and things work best. The Matrix, Lord of the Rings and Star Wars films are all good, and Armageddon, although I actually despise that film these days.

    I was going to get him Matrix Revolutions but its not out til Friday and his birthday is Weds.... :chin: He's got all the other ones you mentioned :rolleyes:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Faith
    I was going to get him Matrix Revolutions but its not out til Friday and his birthday is Weds.... :chin: He's got all the other ones you mentioned :rolleyes:
    What about some classic action like the original Italian Job? Most old films on DVD are revamped so they're in 5:1 surround.

    Failing that.... hmmm.... Someone mentioned Independence Day, that's good. Galaxy Quest is hilarious unless he's one of those Sci-Fi buffs who take the genre too seriously! That aside, I can't think....

    Edited to add Pirates of the Caribbean!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blackhawk Down is quite good in SS.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1. Lord of the rings
    2. Bad Boys II
    3. Matrix
    4. INdependence Day
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1 - saving private ryan
    2 - black hawk down
    3 - enemy at the gates
    4 - blade I/II
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Surround sound
    Originally posted by Faith
    ok bit of a weird question I think but humour me.....

    My boyf's getting surround sound put in his room for his bday, can people name me some films that would be good on surround sound? Gimme some suggestions :p


    Actualy quiet movies may be better then loud explosions, my friend has surround sound on his TV and in quiet moments you start hearing things behind you, it's kinda creepy!! :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,328 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Surround sound
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Actualy quiet movies may be better then loud explosions, my friend has surround sound on his TV and in quiet moments you start hearing things behind you, it's kinda creepy!! :D
    Yes, that's what I meat about films like Breakfast at Tiffany's. There's one point in Cruel Intentions where, if you're sitting near one particular speaker it starts telling you "you are a slut" repeatedly...
Sign In or Register to comment.