Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Man u VS Arsenal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Man u VS Arsenal, what are everyone’s predictions.

I reckon 4-2 man u
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Man u VS Arsenal
    Originally posted by Anti-Christ

I reckon 4-2 man u

Man United won't win.

Maybe Arsenal by the odd goal in three.
    I would like to see Man Utd win but Arsenal are a good team, i go with Man Utd today.
    Hmm...Louis Saha is back (some people don't rate him highly but I have done from his Fulham days, which, admittedly weren't that long ago) and so is *ahem* Gary Neville. Roy Caroll is in goal I believe. So....2-2. Possibly 3-2 Arsenal.
    1-1. Henry in the first few minutes of the second half and Saha four minutes from time.

I hate to admit it but Giggs didn't deserve the penalty.
    I counted 3 penalties myself. Two for the Arse and one for Man U (Reyes, Henry and Giggs).

Good entertaining game. Arsenal wasn't terribly accurate and on a better day it would have scored 3 or 4 more. They almost ended up paying for it badly, but other than the fact that they conceded late in the game they should not be too upset with the result.

However it shows that United is well capable of putting up a fight and the result will have given them some confidence for the cup game.

I'd love to know what Wenger and Ferguson were saying to each other during that foul in the first half though. :D
    Pretty good game to watch, thought Arsenal edged it over the 90mins but the result wasn't too unfair.

Giggs wasn't a penalty, Henry wasn't a penalty. Reyes there was a good argument for a penalty. Nevilles was a blatent dive and there was a blatent dive from an Arsenal player but can't remember who.

Good result for Arsenal as far as the premiership goes but I agree with Aladdin that it will give confidence to Man U for the cup game.
    Henry is a great player, but what the fuck was his tantrum when Lauren failed to square the ball to him? He was like a petulant child. Pirceless, wanker.
    He was angry that they screwed up a clear chance that would have bagged the game.

Roy Keane to name but one player has been known to be less than polite to his own team-mates on many a occasion. Are you happy to call him a wanker too?

Though I was surprised to see that Keane was the one player protecting the referee from the United mob assault regarding the Giggs penalty claims. Funny old world!
    Keane has never jumped up and down on the spot like that he looked a complete tit. Very funny though.

Does anyone else think Arsenal will rest some pleyers on Saturday? With internationals on Wednesday, will they risk it as they have to play Chelsea next week?
    If Arsenal rest some key players they will lose. They'd be very foolish to underestimate United.

I think they'll be fielding their best available squad for two reasons. They really want to win the Cup (and thus winning it 3 times in a row, keeping the trophy and all that bollocks) and they probably still regard Chelsea an easier challenge than United.
    I agree that they shouldn't rest players if hey want to win. However I think Arsenal are going for Europe now.
    Originally posted by godscop
    I agree that they shouldn't rest players if hey want to win. However I think Arsenal are going for Europe now.

I don't think they'll rest many players- they haven't done yet.

I think Wenger is astute enough to realise that beating United would be a great boost to their European challenge, just like you lot beating Arsenal in 1999 spurred you on to the Treble.
    What do you think will happen on Saturday? Maybe I am tempting fate but I've never seen United lose an Fa Cup semi final.
    Ferguson hasn't lost one yet...

This will be the toughest.
    Well I eat my words. Wenger has hinted that he will rest Henry and Ljungberg in the Cup game... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/3577857.stm

Is he playing mind games, snubbing Man United or suddenly not caring about the outcome of the game?
    The Chelsea game is much more important for them this season. It cold back fire though, leaving them with the league. After what some people have been saying this season that would leave them looking rather stupid.
    1-1 eh

we'll see man u next week the cheating ginger fuckers.
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    we'll see man u next week the cheating ginger fuckers.

I didn't know we were playing Blackpool.
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss
    Pretty good game to watch, thought Arsenal edged it over the 90mins but the result wasn't too unfair.

Giggs wasn't a penalty, Henry wasn't a penalty. Reyes there was a good argument for a penalty. Nevilles was a blatent dive and there was a blatent dive from an Arsenal player but can't remember who.

Good result for Arsenal as far as the premiership goes but I agree with Aladdin that it will give confidence to Man U for the cup game.

Giggs was caught outside the box, maybe a free kick but not a booking dont think it was intential-
    Henry Dive, Neville even worse dive.
    Reyes peno no doubt- caught his standing foot and made no contact. Viera could of got booked for his tackle too-
    At least the ref was all around bad-

Thats been wengers main strength this season not having to rest players much- ie: compared to keane.
    If they drop players I can see them loosing- all United have now wher Arsenal are feeling the heat the last few matches-
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Giggs was caught outside the box, maybe a free kick but not a booking dont think it was intential-
    Henry Dive, Neville even worse dive.
    Reyes peno no doubt- caught his standing foot and made no contact. Viera could of got booked for his tackle too-
    At least the ref was all around bad-
    Agree with all that.
    Ferguson was in the paper yesterday moaning about Giggs and Nevilles penalties, saying they should have being given. If this was after seeing the replays then his eyes must have still being watering from the last bit of gin he snorted. Especially Nevilles claim, now thats just :lol::lol: Giggs though i agree was a foul but not a penalty.
    Originally posted by godscop
    I didn't know we were playing Blackpool.

Give that dude a comedy award, like every man u fans from manchester i suppose?
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    Give that dude a comedy award, like every man u fans from manchester i suppose?

United fans tend to be from Manchester and the north west, I've posted a link on here to some research proving this before.

Do you goto Highbury often? Will you be at Villa Park on Saturday? Did you goto the Charity Shield this season? Your attendance in that was a joke.
    Re: Man u VS Arsenal
    Originally posted by Anti-Christ
    Man u VS Arsenal, what are everyone’s predictions.

I reckon 4-2 man u

well, i was pretty close with my prediction then:p