Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

OK... odd for me but...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For once, the independent freedom-loving MoonRat wants something... I mean I've been realising it recently, that ever since a talk I had with somebody at a party on attitudes to love, I've... well, kinda wanted to act on those feelings.

The problems though... I get afraid if things get close and then I back out. I don't like people getting to know me, getting inside me. I don't feel I'm a loveable person in the least, although I get people saying I'm attractive and shit... I mean I've never held down a relationship before.

I'm not a good person in relationships, not too classy with words and apparently I'm too shy... but I'm a social bloody butterfly! It's just when it comes to.... that I never feel adequet. Don't ask me why, I shouldn't listen to all I've learnt that what they told me when I was younger isn't all that true. I feel less ashamed now of my body, my sexuality and who I am... but what's stopping me from getting anywhere?

Why am I so untrusting?

Apparently I can come across as uptight... or that my defenses are too high... maybe that's it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why am I so untrusting ?

Possibly you have been hurt in the past ? felt like people have let you down big time so now you are wary when it comes to trusting in a relationship.
    Also possibly you just haven't met the right person ? yeah you might have met people, had a bit of a giggle but nothing serious. If you did meet that 'special' person then it does become easier.

I dunno really :(
    Re: OK... odd for me but...

Re: Re: OK... odd for me but...
    Originally posted by Keira
    the answer is in your post

From the posts that I've read of yours you have NO problems with words or anything

not good analyzed peeps

Aye but there's a difference between spoken word and written word. Feel a bit better now, think it's just a phase is all...
    Re: Re: Re: OK... odd for me but...
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    Aye but there's a difference between spoken word and written word.
    I know what you mean - there's a difference between what I say here when I'm behind my copmputer and what I'd say if I had to look at you all and articulate it!

Hope things get better for you.
    have you ever been hurt by a girl before, but you have never admitted it to yourself that you should give it ago, and not be too defensive, look at it as you have nothing to loose.
    Re: Re: Re: Re: OK... odd for me but...

You know why you are- it's the same as with a lot of us. You're too scared of being rejected and of being made to look a fool. It happens to us all, some more than others.

If you take risk and are prepared to be rejected then you'll be fine, but until you are or can be maybe your defences will stay put. The only way t'missus got past mine was by battering them down:)