Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

jeans and tshirts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was thinking... is it really that bad of a look. alot of girls always try to stay in fashion and look "cute" or fashionable or good even. but really, i see nothing wrong with throwing all that out the window and wearing jeans and a t-shirt (not fitted by the way) all the time. its comfy and tshirts can really express yourself... take the shirt i'm wearing, its got minor threat on it with "i've got the straight edge" written on the back... that says, hey, i like irony. i personally would rather be ultra comfy than only semi comfy and look good. i have no idea where i was going with this post anymore though... :/

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well i guess i could wear jeans and a non fitted tshirt all the time, but id look like shit, and id probably feel really self conscious that i looked like a slob. I couldnt care less what other people wear, but for me, it wouldnt suit me and I wouldnt wear a non fitted tshirt for anything other than sleeping in or slobbing out around the house in.
    Its not the jeans that im talking about, as i wear jeans all the time, but non fitted tshirts only look good on men, if youve got any hips at all, they make u look fat.
    i wear jeans and big t-shirts all the time when i'm bumming around at home.

but i tend to wear more fitted shirts in public as i am painfully aware of looking like some kind of eastern european orphan in bigger shirts.
    i can sorta get where you're comin from my_name but to be honest most clothes are comfortable "fashionable" or not. The main thing with fashion is to enjoy it, enjoy fussing over the way you look.
    Unfitted t-shirts don't tend to look very good on girls- they either drown the boobs or hang off them making one look like a heffer.

Plain fitted tees and a pair of flared jeans- :yum:
    I'm the opposite - you can't get me out of my fitted tshirts and jeans.

I need to get rid of that look, my Mum says: "It's too studenty! You're 21 this year!"

Beeyatch. :D
    Originally posted by 1983
    my Mum says: "It's too studenty! You're 21 this year!"

i'm at uni now, and i wear the same as i always have, but its weird. when i look in the mirror now i think 'man this looks so studenty!' and i never did before, before it was just jeans and a t-shirt

just thought i'd share that......
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Unfitted t-shirts don't tend to look very good on girls- they either drown the boobs or hang off them making one look like a heffer.
    Usually the latter in my case, but now and again they're OK. I usually wear fitted t-shirts but have the odd baggy t-shirt that I love.
    I hate baggy tshirts. They make me think of the pikey girls pushing their prams round the supermarket in their baggy T's and leggings :yuck:
    Originally posted by Kermit
    hang off them making one look like a heffer.

hence why i prefer the baggy. it also covers up the 'heffers'. :/
    Baggy t-shirts just make me look like im hiding a few pounds, and i cant wear baggy jeans, they have to be tight.
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Baggy t-shirts just make me look like im hiding a few pounds, and i cant wear baggy jeans, they have to be tight.

love baggy jeans that hang off the hip and flare out massively ....