Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Romance

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok... so here's a question for ya...

ro·mance

1. A love affair.
2. Ardent emotional attachment or involvement between people; love: They kept the romance alive in their marriage for 35 years.
3. A strong, sometimes short-lived attachment, fascination, or enthusiasm for something: a childhood romance with the sea.

What is romance (to you as an individual)?

Would you say you're the romantic type?

What's your idea/fantasy of something really romantic?

What's the most romantic thing you've done?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not the romantic type, not really, but I'm always open to suggestions.

I dunno, my idea of something romantic is always something little- like when t'missus and I go off to Whitby for the day in winter, and just walk around and snuggle into each other to keep warm. That sort of thing is what I love most, so I guess it's the most romantic thing I've done.

Though I'm sure t'missus thinks me proposing is...
    Can't really say I'm one for the classic giving roses and teddies type scene, kinda not me (but seeing as I'm fairly butch for a gal anyway, you'd think I want something more useful... like a penknife or something). But then I can charm people with words... which might be romantic ;)

Romance to me is simply an ideology and personal to each individual. My idea of 'romance' would be dancing with somebody to Sweet Child O' Mine, or playfighting and kicking their ass. Mwaha!

The most romantic thing I've ever done? I never stick around in relationships... but maybe looking at the stars.
    What is romance (to you as an individual)?

Romance to me, is just spending time you wouldn't normally do between eachother, like lying in bed all day, talking and snuggling. It's the best. Walking around by a riverside, snuggling and having a blether. You couldn't get away walking around a riverside yourself, snuggling..and talking to yourself. :nervous:

Would you say you're the romantic type?

I would say I am romantic, but I only let that show once I'm totally settled into a relationship. I am starting to show off my romantic side, now. :)

What's your idea/fantasy of something really romantic?

I really want one of those candelit bath thingies. I'm gonna hint to the bloke I think. :)

What's the most romantic thing you've done?

I dunno, nothing as of yet. I made him breakfast in bed yesterday, though. Well, he came through and we gabbed as I made french toast and had a fumble. :blush: Ehh, I dunno.

ETA - Sorry for all ze smilies. :(
    Re: Romance

What is romance (to you as an individual)? The expression of attraction felt towards another person.

Would you say you're the romantic type? Yes, if I've been with the guy long enough.

What's your idea/fantasy of something really romantic? A fairytale wedding to my boyfriend Richie, and having children together.

What's the most romantic thing you've done? On Valentine's Day my boyfriend had to get up at 4:45 for work so he wouldn't have got up in time for the post. So what I did the day before was tell him he'd be getting my card a day late. Then I sneakily gave it to his landlady to hide, so he'd get it in the morning when he got up, and he did. He thought it was a lovely surprise!