Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

make up sugestions for me!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is me and i normaly wear a lot of maybeline pressed powder in light beige (it's the lightest colour they do i think), and a lot of black eye pencil -either bodyshop or maybeline. but i want something AMAZING, for a party or something. 3 points:

i don't do blusher
i don't do anything brighter than dark green or dark purple
NO PINK i detest pink, every kind it makes me ill. seriously. i had a marshmellow bedroom for 6 months and i was ill.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wow, you have a great complexion - you can do a lot with bold colours cause pastels would just wash you out, just as well you don't like them - have you ever tried smoky eyes, when you get good at it get some of that glittery eye powder that Barry M makes (from Superdrug) or the cheaper alternative Stargazer which is just as good from like body piercing/gothy shops - just sweep a bit over the smoky eyes. My friend used to do this and she looked AMAZING!

good make-up advice

http://www.ivillage.co.uk

http://www.handbag.com
    yes i have tryed smokey eyes but i fuck it up so damn much.
    Um have you done cats eyes eyeliner, where you line both lids and flick them out at the ends closest to your ear so they join.
    oh you are very pretty. maybe a brown or neutral color eyeliner, black might stand out too much with your hair. and a light eye color too. not pink or anything, but a light light gray maybe.
    Originally posted by luby
    yes i have tryed smokey eyes but i fuck it up so damn much.

Ok, you know hen you`re on your own of an evening, in your room doing nothing in particular? Just get your stuff together and practise putting it on. No-one is born knowing how to do this stuff. ;)

Also, there are various sites on the net where you can go through various pictures and it tells you how to copy what they`ve done.
    Here`s one, to find others go to Google and type in "get the look" or "get her look". You don`t have to use the same products they recommend, obviously.

Hope this is some help.
    hmmmmmmmm, well, if they had someone like brody from the distillers or someone that would have been great but other wise.......

i'm kinda of looking at trying to define my gothicy kinda look because many of my friends styles lean toward the punky side of things so i'm trying not to do that and go for a very seductive kinda look.

i'm sorry, right now i'm having an identity crisis. so i might just go to bed and have good nights sleep and think out it in the morning.

Luby
    Well there are still elements of things you`ve mentioned if you look, like if you look at the Penelope Cruz one nearest the top on the list - there you go, smoky eyes. If it`s really no use to you, never mind, it was only an idea. :)
    Have you tried the distillers website? my mate got how to do the city of angels hair info from there.and it worked :)
    Please, please don't do your make up like a goth. It's tragic.
    some people like the gothic look thank you!
    wow, Luby you look like Christina Ricci like how she was a few years back which is a good thing!
    also, try to get a magazine like Cosmopolitan Hair and Beauty - they have great tips in there
    Heya! I dont know if im being a complete dumbass (probly!) but how do u do "smoky eyes"? i'm terrible at the make up thang!
    Originally posted by leese

good make-up advice

http://www.ivillage.co.uk

http://www.handbag.com

try here
    Why dont you just buy a wicked eyeshadow and put it on in a different kinda way.

I have Urban Decay eyeshadow in "goddess" (i think)...anyways...its its a dark dark blue, with some glitter (not scary, im a princess glitter) through it. Its a nice colour. Anyways...line your eyes with it, or do a double flick with a thin brush. Just play about with it. Also, different effects can be achieved by using a damp brush instead of a dry one :) Whack on a truck of mascara and maybe, if you want, line the inner rims with just a pencil.

Urban Decay do some super cool colours.

I reckon something like that would work...make your skin really even, and then just stick some balm/gloss on your lips.

Simple.
    Originally posted by freak
    some people like the gothic look thank you!

I feel for them, I really do.
    The smoky look (Or how I do it, anyway):

Get some silver eyeshadow and put it on your top eyelid, a medium-sized line, like more than eyeliner, but less than eyeshadow

Get some grey sparkly eyeshadow and put it on the rest of your upper eyelid. BLEND THEM.

Put the grey sparkly eyeshadow under your eye, like eyeliner (only thicker, obviously).

Then mascara - and the best way to do it, I find, is to curl your eyelashes, put one layer of mascara on both upper and lower lashes, comb from above them and brush from beneath them, and add another layer. This separates them as well as making them look longer.

Also - for the grey sparkly eyeshadow, Bourjois' Gris Paillettes is wonderful. It can occasionally kinda spread glitter around your face though.
    And now an answer for Luby...

Firstly, you look sooooo different to how I imagined!

Secondly, now I know this isn't about your hair but you would look sooo nice if you had your hair cut fairly short (not sure how long it is from that photo) with lots of feathered bits around your face, maybe a long fringe, and all straightened. Of course, that wouldn't really go with the gothic look.

Thirdly - back to the make-up - I think you'd probably suit the smoky eyed look. I know you said you make a mess of it, but practise at home a bit and you can't go far wrong; just make sure you blend or it will look too harsh. Bright colours have been mentioned but no offence but I think they will make you look younger; you do look quite young, you're 14 if I remember rightly? Anyway, you see girls around that age in town so often with really bright eyeshadow and they just can't get away with it because their faces look so young. Plus, I have a friend with similar colouring to you and she used to wear bright colours like blue and green and that didn't look too good.

Edited to add - I just had another look at your picture and I agree with whoever it was that said you should play up your eyes and just put gloss on your lips.