Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ad's and finally feeling good

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I've been on ads since I was about 8, prozac and now paxil. Every time I would quit or just forget for a while I would get really down and horrible. But recently my meds have changed, around christmas I changed from 40mg of prozac to paxil, and since it was a different drug they started me at 20mg. Because of dreams and nightsweats the doctor told me to take half the pill right before bed. So for about alittle over a month or so I've only taken 10 mg a day. But for about a week or so now I've just simply forgotten to take my medication. I hadn't noticed any effects until just the last couple days. Instead of being sad and lonely and angry and bitchy I've been in a great mood. I've taken joy of making friends with a few people i had just known and i'm sadness hasnt' come over me lately. is there any explination for this? is it because I have gradually minimized my intake and now i can handle nothing at all?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bear in mind that ADs stop extremes of mood, both happy and sad.

so it's possible your mood has been gradually improving for a while, but has been masked by the drugs...
    It could be, as Kaffrin says, that you have been gradually getting 'better' and now the ad's aren't there to keep you feeling nothing you can notice this. It could also be that you are simply having a couple of good days and when the bad days come again you will crash harder.

Keep an eye on yourself, take care of yourself ... oh and avoid getting mashed until you know for sure this is an even keel that you are on.

Susie x
    Sounds good :) hopefully it'll continue and if it goes well maybe you can come off 100% Good luck..

Can AD even block out anger?
    Good for u, it can't have been easy!!
    I cant believe you have been on ADs since you was 8!! that is a bloody longtime and i didnt even know you was able to go on them at that age!

seriously things are looking good this might be the time to fuck them off completely, best thing i did was get off them they did help me but i couldnt hack taking them long term..
    thanks yall. do you think i should tell my doctor about all that soon, or to finish up the bottle and upon refills talk to him about it then.
    Hope it goes ok! :)