Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help with ball dress

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay ladies (and maybe gents)

I need to know where I can get a nice dress for a series of upcoming balls, not too expensive, and I'd prefer them not to be like traditional ball gowns all flouncy and stuff. bear in mind i live in a small city so we don't have that many shops, but do have debenhams etc. but i could make it to Cardiff - would prefer chain stores but if anyone has a particularly helpful response would be willing to try harder to look.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Monsoon has dresses like that, and I think John Lewis does too.

But the whole "50s" thing is everywhere right now, so you could do something like that. Even if you cant get a dress, a full skirt with a top can be super nice.

I know Topshop and Miss Selfridge have things like that, and Warehouse too. Depends on your style. Oasis usually has dresses :) Even if its simple, you can always work it up with jewellery

edit: check out www.debenhams.com -->i just looked and they have like a gazzillion dresses in an assortment of styles. Rock!
    for my last prom i hired a dress cause i couldnt find anything in the shops. It was £50 on the night to hire but totally worth it cause i could choose from loads and it was great!
    no 50's dresses, they look nice on other people but sooo not me!

im quite slim, so i can pretty much get away with anything that isnt too flouncy