Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Jelly Bracelet Things

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
People my age will remember these as shag bands, other as gummys or what the title says.

Well iv seen guys walk around my college wearing these, i thought it was a girl thing???:confused:

Anyway, do guys wear these things then? Coz my girlfriend wants me to wear them.

Oh and just in case, is there a specific wrist i should wear them on if i should wear them??
(I kno thats such a sad question, but seriously, people these days can be so hipocritical).

Thanx people :)

Comments

• Options
    Only lads I've known wear them are gay I'm afraid. But wear what you want.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dominatrix
    Only lads I've known wear them are gay I'm afraid. But wear what you want.

I thought it was a gay thing too, but some guys in my college who are straight wear them. I guess its different for different areas.
  • Options
    haha, i wore them before christmas. i was in a mad rush to get a black and white bracelet to match my outfit but all the bracelets were too big for my lil wrists. so they were my only option. my boyfriend at the time took one off me and kept it on for the whole time we were going out. bless.
    everyone asked him about it though coz a little bracelet isn't something he'd normally be wearing!

but like, don't wear them just because your girlfriend wants you too!!
  • Options
    mr. kaff stole a few from me about a year ago and they've been on his wrist ever since. now they're all hard and shrunken. i couldn't wear them, cause they're all so mahoosive and they just fell off.
  • Options
    well...if they are the bracelets i *think* you're talking about, my boyfriend wears them! Loads of them actually...black ones. He had pink too, but doesnt wear them anymore.

Oh, and he is NOT gay :p

they look pretty :heart:
  • Options
    I dont mind wearing them at all, my girlfriend gave me one when we first started going out and iv been wearing it ever since.

Shes been suggesting i wear black ones (she bought me a pack of the black ones from her shop).
    I just wanted to know if its ok for a guy to wear them which i suppose it is because after all its only a bit of rubbery plastic.
  • Options
    oooh shag bands, i had hundreds of the things at one point.

I see them being worn at college by blokes, grungey blokes, the ones i know who wear them are exploring their sexuality by kissing other blokes, so it could be a gay/bi thing.. But i think its maybe just an 'alternative' fashion thing.

My ex boyfriend used to wear them, he was straight (i hope) although he did fancy brain molko.. i really do see a trend here :chin:
  • Options
    my ex had some, a few black ones and a bright pink one, he still wears the black ones but he gave me the pink one. but i had to tie a loop in it cos they are just to damn big for my wrists!
  • Options
    My boyfriend used to wear them, mainly black ones but he did have a sparkly blue one as well which I stole. And he is definitely straight!

I think it has a lot to do with what you're wearing on the rest of your body as well as to whether you can pull it off or not, but I definitely think its okay for guys to wear them, especially if they're just the black ones.
  • Options
    I know many guys who wear them, none of which are gay.

Just wear what you want, where you want and when you want.. Don't let anybody elses insecurites have an effect on your own personal choice.

Ilora x
  • Options
    Thanx for the feedback, i must admit i quite like wearing them as they feel comfortable.

I havent had anyone question me about them yet so its all good :)
  • Options
    The last time i saw anyone wearing anything like that i was 10.