Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pill and bleeding

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
been on the pill for something like 4months now and never had any problems till now, a few days ago i took my pill a few hours later than normal and the same thing happened the next day...i started bleeding really lightly. last night i took on time and the bleeding has gotten heavier...could this be breakthrough bleeding or something else?

Comments

• Options
    It's really dfficult to tell - there are lots of reasons why you may be experiencing this. It could just be 'spotting' that lots of women experience mid-cycle (esp if you are on the mini pill which is more sensitive to being taken at the wrong time). The best thing to do is visit your GP,who will be able to put your mind at rest. You could also contact the following organisations for advice:

Brook Advisory Centres
    Advice, counselling and medical help around contraception, pregnancy, abortion and sexual health.
    Telephone: 0800 0185023

Family Planning Association
    Information service on family planning and all aspects of sexual health.
    Helpline: 0845 3101334
    www.fpa.org.uk

Hope that helps
    :)
  • Options
    Do you run your pills back to back? If you do, then they're maintaining the womb lining, stopping you from having a bleed. If you take a pill late, it can cause a drop in your levels of hormones, thus triggering a period.

If it's not that, i've got no idea and you should think about seeing a doctor :)