Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pro plus caffeine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone tried these? been and bought some today after being told they really wake you up in those morning where you cant even open your eyes. i got them for about £2 for 24

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pro_plus_tablets_50pc.jpg
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    They can be handy but I wouldn't make a habit of using them frequently.
    I actually got addicted to them at one point....i dont really know how, i took them every day for months and when i stopped taking them i had a serious come down. was walkign around like a zombie for about a week.
    pretty useful for when ur too fucked too move....strong black coffee with a shitload of sugar and a couple of these stirred in gets u moving like a cattleprod up the ass....not that ive had cattle prods in my bum :crazyeyes :eek:
    I dont really like caffine as such, I mean I use it all the time but its not actually a very nice drug as such. The down sides are too high for its stimulant properties.

Gauranna is a nicer chemical on the body and the effects are more pleasant too.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I found this article from the Guardian about ProPlus, it has some interesting facts about caffeine in it....

Just keep in mind that they are only supposed to be used for short bursts and even though they pick you up for a bit, you will have a sharp drop in energy when they wear off and will be even more tired. You shouldn't use them to wake yourself up every morning, maybe you need to look at why you are so tired all the time?
    Oh come on, everyone uses coffee in the morning to wake up!

I know exactly why I'm tired in the morning, I dont sleep, but theres not a great deal I can do about that.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Of course they do, me included, but not at industrial strength and volume. The only people I know who drink more that 8 cups of proper coffee before lunch are grumpy bastards.....
    Fair enough, I have three large mugs worth with my breakfast but after that I stick to guaranna, its not so jittery.

Pro Plus are actually relatively weak, they are only 50mg a peice, a can of Coke is only 35mg and Diet Coke 45mg. But a Starbucks large Latte is about 500mg!

Caffine doesnt really work by itself anyway unlike other stimulants, you need to have suger with it. Unlike with amphetamine where your body will draw upon reserves caffine doesnt put your body in that 'fight or flight' state.
    I used always have a box in my room, just for the days when i really needed them. Didnt think they were that good actually.

I found that a few cups of rocket fuel coffee (or any coffee i suppose) woke me up ten times more. A cup of that every morning and im good to go. Id fall asleep within an hour otherwise!

All pro plus did for me, was stop me yawning. Didnt make me feel any more alert.
    Bong or Mr.Roll (or anyone), is cafffeine a poor relative of amphetamine because i was talking to a chemisty student the other day who told me chemically they were similar.

i know that caffeine can (for example) make people who have anxiety more jittery.

anyone know abou this?
    Caffine isnt a poor relative of amphetamine because they arent relatives, they dont act in the same way and as far as I know dont anything much chemically in common.

Caffine for example doesnt act on the dopamine like amphet.

Have a look at erowid.org chemical comparison.
    thanx
    They have a nice little function where you can compare the atomic structure of two drugs, you will find that amphetamine is very similar to methamphetamine and somewhat similar to the MDXX type of drugs, but there will not be much the same about amphet and caffine.