Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

ghb???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what do people know of this stuff???

my mate said it was a nice high, but that's all i know and erowid isn't working, and i couldn't find anything on here

thanks

Luby

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    There was a relatively short period when not many people used this in the UK, when it was still legal and supplies where all from of pharmacy grade. Its a shame things have changed because its far more dangerous now.

GHB is a carbohydrate found in virtually all muscle fibres in humans and in a lot of other animals too. It is one of the least harmful drugs you can take, IF used safely.

It has taken a serious beating in the press being called evil and so on. In the main, dont believe anything you have read in a paper about it.
  • Options
    Heres a quote to clarify what I said;

"GHB, or gamma-hydroxybutyrate, is a normal component of mammalian metabolism. It is found naturally in every cell in the human body and is most properly considered a nutrient. In the brain, the highest amounts are found in the hypothalamus and basal ganglia [Gallimberti, 1989]. GHB is found in greater concentrations in kidney, heart, skeletal muscles, and brown fat tissues [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. It is believed to be a neurotransmitter, although the jury is still out as to whether it exhibits all of the properties required for fulfillment of this function [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. It is both a metabolite and precursor of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid, or gamma-aminobutyrate), another nutrient to which it bears a close structural relationship. GHB, however, does not act directly on GABA receptor sites [Chin and Kreutzer, 1992]. "

There are also at leas three threads about this if you want to search.
  • Options
    TheSite factsheet

If you are going to take this drug be really really careful of dosage and avoid mixing with alcohol and other drugs, there is a really fine line between getting the 'high' and landing yourself in a coma, and I hate scaremongering but having been to a friend's funeral for this very reason, I'd advise you to be really clued up before you decide to take it.

Susie x
  • Options
    Susie, I'm sorry to hear that, its always more tragic when a death is preventable.

Did he/she die of a pure GHB OD or was it because they mixed it with other drugs, if you dont mind me asking, if you'd rather not talk about it, fine.