Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

LEA Loans?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
When do you start applying for Loans from your local LEA? I'm sure it's around about now but I've received nothing.

Anyone else know anything about this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The school give you the relevant forms to fill in, i think. I thought there's two: one to assess how much you have to pay (means tested on parents' incomes), then a second is actually applying for the loan.
    I'm not at college anymore :(

Guess I'll have to go up town and get it.
    look up the student support section of your LEA and give them a ring. they're usually pretty helpful.
    My school told and gave me bugger all... I only found out about all the forms and stuff from a friend in August whilst I was working!

So I downloaded the forms from the internet... info on it all here: http://www.ecctis.co.uk/FeesFinance.htm#Loans
    Re: LEA Loans?
    Originally posted by Eeyun
    When do you start applying for Loans from your local LEA? I'm sure it's around about now but I've received nothing.

Anyone else know anything about this?

I'm not at school anymore either and am currently sorting all of this out (thread below called 'Finances'). The number for your Local Education Authority will be on the net or if you can't find it, it'll be in your phone book. Give them a ring and they'll know how to deal with it (btw, you will have nominated your LEA on your UCAS application form).
    Yeah I've received all my forms from school now, my mum is doing a degree however and she hasn't received anything to reapply for her loan (shes in her second year) so ringing them up and checking would be a good idea.

I've been told also that they're actually putting the loan application stuff online from the beginning of April so you should be able to apply that way?
    Yeah it's gonna be online from April 1st apparently, glad we're all getting sorted by the looks of things!