Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Victoria Hall/student accommodation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm going to Sheffield uni and am looking at some accommodation called 'Victoria hall' whih is a company that also provides student accommodation in Liverpool, B'ham, Notts, Cardiff, Manchester.... A bit of a long shot, but does anyone stay or know someone who stays in Victoria hall acommodation?

Also if there's anyone on here from Sheffield who knows anything about it and what they think of it that would be brilliant. Cheers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    http://www.sheffieldbase.com/story.php?s=273

:(

no idea about the halls though sorry,
    Originally posted by buzz
    http://www.sheffieldbase.com/story.php?s=273

:(

no idea about the halls though sorry,

Lol cheers for that, inspire me with confidence why don't you :) Hopefully that'll prompt them to sort it out thus meaning by I get there (if I go there of course) there won't be any more problems!
    glad to help!

sure it will be sorted though, ;)

they're in a pretty cool location though near to town and the union, the only thing is they are away from the other halls of residence,
    That place has got a good location generally but have you considered that it is nowhere near the law school? The other halls on the other hand are relatively close..........
    We got some of them here in Cardiff as you said, they are quite posh for student accomidation. Being a student is about slumming it, not having sky tv and a massive lounge!
    They are much more expensive than uni accomidation and as they are a privite company they can have some weird rules etc. Nothing to strange, but they dont have keys, but those electronic swipe things and you cant even get out of the building without one!

Bopz
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    We got some of them here in Cardiff as you said, they are quite posh for student accomidation. Being a student is about slumming it, not having sky tv and a massive lounge!
    They are much more expensive than uni accomidation and as they are a privite company they can have some weird rules etc. Nothing to strange, but they dont have keys, but those electronic swipe things and you cant even get out of the building without one!

Bopz

Hmm the price bit may be true in Cardiff but not in Sheffield, it's £65 a week at Victoria (self catered obviously) and utilities of a couple of hundred a year maybe. The catered hall option I@m considering is about £110 a week, so overall there's little in it, in fact Victoria Hall might be slightly cheaper.

The halls at Sheffield have a swipe card system anyway.

Thanks for the input, cheers.

By the way, exactly how far is this place from the Law dept? I was under the impression it wasn't too far (if you're fit and strong like me lol)......
    Well thats ok then, maybe they are differant all over the country. The ones in Cardiff are around 1000 a term........ :eek:

Bopz
    My halls in edinburgh cost 500 a month!

They are very nice but 500 a month is pricey...
    :crazyeyes £500 a months is REALY expensive, mine are £750 for each term including receses etc!
    So its about £240 ish a month!

Bopz
    Im a first year at sheffield uni and ive never heardof victoria halls.
    If you want any help contact me!
    Most people stay in the hall, Ranmoor, tapon, earnshaw, (not sorby by choice) halifax (foreign mainly). i know some in flats too which is where you get shoved if you dont get your grades.