Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

speed comedown!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
plz tell me its gets easier! havent touched the stuff for 5days now after spending the last couple of years speeding my tits off! all i seem to do is sleep and eat,i have no energy to do jack shit,and i cant stop grinding my teeth!

Comments

• Options
    Thats speed for you. Horrible stuff.
  • Options
    just stick it out....jack all u can do really, unless u take more....which really isnt the best of plans
  • Options
    iam sure it will get easier its still early days not evan a week yet and your body hasnt had a rest in a couple of years.Sleep and eat all you can let your body have all them vitamins its missed.As for me il just carry on good look tho your stronger than me
  • Options
    Thats what I was like when I was trying to come off speed. Basically your body forgets how to stay awake on its own. It does pass, but its awful while its like that. It can last a while, but after being a complete speedfreak for 4 years, I now havent touched the stuff for nearly as long.
    Keep going sweetie, its really horrible being so dependant on something like that. Get some really strong coffee and try and keep yourself awake for longer and longer periods gradually. Theres no harm having naps, but if you try and make sure you get up at a certain time every day, and then set yourself a time to go back to sleep, then time to wake up again, you can wean yourself off it.
  • Options
    The mental aspect to the speed addiction is quite cunning, its certainly hard to break the cycle.

It took a long time before when I was tired I didnt straight away want speed.

It does get easier though.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Hi angie28, I imagine it must be pretty difficult to stick it out if you feel that bad, but you sound like you have made the decision and will stick with it, but there is support out there if you want it.

TheSite has a page
    here about coming off drugs, including amphetamine, and there is a link to addaction who provide health, support and counselling services. Your GP could put you in contact with organisations in your area as well.

The advice already given here is good too, try and look after yourself and keep up your vitamin and fluid intake, and as Rainbow said try and get you sleeping pattern back to something regular. And stick with it, it will be worth it.
  • Options
    Looking back on it now, given how I feel if I go out raving and use it I really cant understand how I managed to do it every day without feeling really rough.