Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

University of Sheffield

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone go to Sheffield uni? Do you like it there? I've accepted my unconditional to do Law this September, I came on the Law Department open day in Feb. and from what I saw it looks like a class place to be. The only thing is unlike many unis, there doesn't seem to be an online student union/community, anyone know any better? My mate goes to Loughborough and they have a union website with messageboards, galleries, all sorts, but there doesn't seem to be anything for Sheffield, there's a union section on the website but it just carries a few bits of news, it isn't an online community....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Good choice with Sheffield. I'm at Notts, but having visited a mate up in Sheffield recently, I was well impressed.

Dunno about the online stuff though - you'll probably find out more when you get there.
    Cool thanks, I was just hoping to be able to find out stuff about the sports teams etc. before I go but unlike many unis there doesn't seem to be that sort of info on the net....
    i'm at sheffield and i've glanced at the website and i agree it's not the greatest for sport info... maybe you could e-mail the sports officer.......

http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/activities/sport/clubs/introduction.html

the closest thing there is is the online newspaper... http://www.sheffieldbase.com which you might find useful...
    Cheers, have you seen my new thread about accommodation? No worries if you don't really know, I'm just looking to get it sorted asap that's all, cheers.
    Sheffield is great, you should enjoy it.

i wouldn't worry about online communities or what-have-you, real communities are better.........

There are loads of sports societies which you can join at the fresshers fair (or at any other time0 which is heavily promoted in the first week, whatever sport you like you will probably find it there.........
    Cheers Toadborg, are the sports teams any good, especially footy? As Sheffield doesn't do any sport degrees I guess they might not be as strong as some places as they miss out on some sporty people, but I'll be packing my boots :-)
    I think the teams are pretty good quality, not like Loughborough or anything but there are lots of students so there are likely to be plenty of talented people (too good for me!)
    Yup im at Sheffield. Ummm on-line wise... the ones above just about do it.

Lots of reading to do if you do law at sheffield.