Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Formatting Your PC?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know how this is done?

Cheers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Funny you should ask cos I have just done that today :D

Within my pc there is a hidden box thing so all i had to do was press F11 when I started up, it gave me options on full/partial and i just followed the instructions.

My pc does not need to be reinstalled by a disc it just automatically did it. I couldnt get my broadband to work though but muddled about and eventually clicked sommat and I got it to work.

Probably not much use for you but i was dead chuffed cos i managed to do this all by myself and im a geek.........computer geek :D
    Insert a bootable CD (Windows) then restart your PC. Next you'll be given some options to choose form.

Take a look here. Clickity click
    Im glad i didnt have to do that :eek2:

Last night I F****d my computer up and nothing would work so had to format it today, I was shaking like a leaf :lol::lol:
    LOL Becky. Did you try a system restore before reformatting :p?
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

Oh yes, thats when I F****d it up :lol:

God knows what i did but I couldnt even get on internet so this morning thought stuff it lets format it :D

You know all the things on my desktop can i just delete them ? cos they aint the programmes are they, they just are shortcuts but the actual programmes are in the start menu ?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

You know all the things on my desktop can i just delete them ? cos they aint the programmes are they, they just are shortcuts but the actual programmes are in the start menu ?
    Most are shortcuts, and you can usually tell which are by the shortcut arrow at the bottom left of the icon. Some of them are programs though.
    The Desktop in Windows is really just another folder in the computer system, so you can store anything there - files, shotcuts, programs, etc.
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat

How do i go about doing that?

Cheers.