Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

meating with lecturer at 1.15

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just had a fone call off my lecturer telling me that i have to go to a meeting at 1.15 its not volentry and i will be there! i know what its about. i didnt do my coursework for his module but i told him i had thinking that i could do it over the weekend. i couldnt cos it is so difficult and i dont understand the subject at all, but i couldnt go to him for help cos he thort id dont it.
two questions
1) what do u think i should say? should i just tell him outright that i was lying to him but i was finding the coursework really difficult (i no thats no excuse)

2) do you think i could get kicked off my course for this?

im at uni by the way if it makes any difference.

please reply

and i know its my fault i just need answers to the above questions
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yep. Tell the truth. Accept you screwed up, ask for help and get on with life.
  • Options
    I did something similar last week. Thought that an essay was due for next week, got the questions last friday for it, found out it was due for the previous wednesday... But there was a submission dfate for a second essay and I just asked if I could use that one. Like everyone else has said, just be honest. They will be more understanding as well if you admit the work was too hard (although you should've realised that before you started it). There will be procedures in place as well to help you before you get kicked out. The worst they will do is prob reduce your mark tbh.
  • Options
    You wont get chucked off the course for it but you will get downmarked for a late piece of work.
    Your lecturer should be fine if you explain that you dont understand it and will probably try to help you by maybe giving you some extra resources. After all its not the lecturer who's missing out on the marks its you. Te lecturer is only there to assist you for your work and exams.
  • Options
    yeah, you're not likely to be kicked off the course.

but depending on your course/uni/year/lecturer you could find yourself either getting a 0 for that piece of work, which will drag all your marks down, or if you actually do it, you might have a very low mark, because it is late.

if you can't do your work, or you think it'll be late, it's always a good idea to talk to the person who set it before the deadline. then they can either give you an extension, or help you through it. if you see them after the deadline, you've already missed it, and there's nothing they can do.
  • Options
    if all else fails: cry.

(note that this may only work on men or overly nice/shy women)
  • Options
    went to the meeting kinda blurted out everything before he even got a word in. told him that i was really sorry about lying to him but didnt think at the time, that i couldnt do the work cos it was so hard ect ect. after staring at me like i was insain he agreed to let me do the referal project which means that the highest mark i can get is a d but i suppose a d is better than nothing and i cant whinge anyway cos it was my fault in the first place.

thanx for ur help people :D