Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does anyone listen to XFM?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
And if so, have you heard the random cover of the Darkness' I Believe in a Thing Called Love? Sooo bizarre. Some Swedish group (Edsun?) have covered it as a ballad and it has a weird whistly bit... I'm not sure I like it!

Those of you who heard it, what do you think?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    only ricky gervais and steve mechant's show although their not on it any more
    i listen to it occasionally through sky but i can't say ive heard the cover you're on about
    I would if I could bear to listen to a 32k web stream. They really should do something about it since they're one of only a few stations I can think of that would actually be able to get a decent web audience.
    Occasionally when they bumpin' some Hip Hop, but more than often, nah.

Seems a decent enough station.

PEACE
    I listen to it occasionally, if Radio1 or Essex FM or something isnt any good. I haven't heard the cover version you on about, although, on the Live Lounge in Jo Whiley's show (Radio1) Lemar does an excellent version :thumb:
    I get some demo's of XFM through my PR work; I'll have a look and see. As for the Lemar one; saw that today. That's weird.
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Lemar does an excellent version :thumb:
    You don't understand. It's sacrilege! No one should cover the Darkness! :No:
    Originally posted by piccolo
    You don't understand. It's sacrilege! No one should cover the Darkness! :No:
    oh get over it. especially if you havent heard it. i thought the same about placebos version of bigmouth strikes again but its one of my favs now
    They have some decent sessions on XFM sometimes, Muse and Hundred reasons have been particularly appreciated over the last few years..... (although how bad do HR sound on the radio?!! Their Maida Vale set recently sounded horrible, out of tune, disjointed, same goes for the Carling show they broadcast sometimes on MTV2. When I saw them live they were brilliant though :eek2: )
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    oh get over it. especially if you havent heard it. i thought the same about placebos version of bigmouth strikes again but its one of my favs now
    I have heard it. And I hate it. But you're right, things have a habit of growing on me.
    Originally posted by piccolo
    . But you're right, things have a habit of growing on me.

It's really growing on me!! I'll get mi coat.....