Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

blasphemous basturds

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by molo
    i mean you wouldn't remake star wars with a fuckin tenth of the budget? why do it with songs!

twats

people already have :P
    Hmm I just wonder if its the only song to hit number one with a wolves shirt in the background-sorry thats all i have to say on the matter.

Tho what about when they did a charity cover of Help! was that so bad as it raised tons of money for whatever cause it was?
    Re: blasphemous basturds
    Originally posted by molo
    some stupid shitty cunting boyband has covered, a song by the fuckin beatles.

ohh i'm going to shoot them. lots of times. in the crotch first.

WANKERS!

WANKERS!!! Blatently crap too.

BTW I was in the Cavern club last night. Aaah the nostalgia!
    Originally posted by piccolo
    I refused to watch Love, Actually because it looks awful and has a lame cover of All You Need is Love on the ad. :mad:

Ooooh nooo! It's really nice; it's at the beginning of the film where a couple get married, and as they're making the return trip down the aisle some curtains across the balcony open and the groom's best friend has hired a whole orchestra and choir to sing it to them, it's soooo romantic :) and it's a great film too :) saw it at the pics twice!
    Originally posted by the doc horatio

And they were a boyband- an attractive group of young men who performed songs about cute girls.
    'well she was just seventeeeeeeeen'
    yeah they were a boyband. a band of boys like kieran said. they arent exactly a girl band now are they?
    I have never heard anyone cover a Beatles track well.
    thats lame. what about the guy who also coverd the one theyre bringing out(i think) ohhhh i cannae remember his name but we have it on vinyl.
    that was better than the original
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    thats lame. what about the guy who also coverd the one theyre bringing out(i think) ohhhh i cannae remember his name but we have it on vinyl.

Joe Cocker?
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    Nooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I hate Joe Cocker's version of With a Little Help from my Friends! I know each artist brings some of themselves to a song when they cover it. Fair enough. But I prefer the original. I'm not even hugely keen on Alex Parks' version of Imagine, and I actually like her! (Not a Joe Cocker fan in general).
    Bit late I know, but yep, The Beatles were most definately Blasphemous Bastards.

I enjoyed some of their music, & still do like 1 or 2 songs, but lost a lot of respect for them when I found out they were down with Alistaire Crowley.

As for people doing covers of their songs, Manufactured bands/Artists shouldn't even be allowed original material.

At least let an accomplished musician cover an oldie.
    Oh no! Which one? I have never heard anyone cover a Beatles track well. I refused to watch Love, Actually because it looks awful and has a lame cover of All You Need is Love on the ad. :mad:

Daytripper by Otis Redding, the mutts nuts :yes:
    The Beatles were little better than a boyband on LSD anyway.
    Apparently, the Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is a reference to LSD (note capitalisation)
    I also thought Aspartame was a girl? :confused:
    Originally posted by Luce
    Apparently, the Beatles song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is a reference to LSD (note capitalisation)
    John claimed it was a picture drawn by Julian when he was 5 of one of his classmates. Not sure I'm convinced.