Home› General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Final Fantasy X-2

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So it comes out tomorrow! Anyone excited about it? Im going to buy it tomorrow because im at work anyway, + i get my 25% discount. I know i shouldnt though because im in the middle of courseworks. Im hoping it wont be to much of a distraction.

For old times sake i did the end bit of final fantasy x last night. It almost made me cry:(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Final Fantasy X-2
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    So it comes out tomorrow! Anyone excited about it? Im going to buy it tomorrow because im at work anyway, + i get my 25% discount. I know i shouldnt though because im in the middle of courseworks. Im hoping it wont be to much of a distraction.

For old times sake i did the end bit of final fantasy x last night. It almost made me cry:(
    picking my copy of it up sat... got the ps2 set up and the big widescreen tv downstairs and im al set for an all nighter... just need to finish legacy of kain: defiance first....... damn good game!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't know... Every single RPG I've played until now (and don't get bored with it) I stop at the final boss which I can never beat. That was the case with FFX.
    So, maybe it's not worth it buying this if I can't finish it either, and I've also heard that it's not that good a game.
    Added that CC has no real story (as I heard), it seems there won't be any more FF for me.
    Im still getting used to the new battle system, but i like
    Re: Final Fantasy X-2

Almost made you cry? Wow...I thought the end was shit...
    Yeah I doubt i'll get it..they should have made FF7-2, that was the best one by far. The end boss was really easy! Did everyone get all the Aeons? Including The Magus sisters, Anima and Yojimbo. You couldn't really lose with the auto-revive thing...anyway...No I won't be getting it I don't think.
    i could never get into FF 8 & 10. FF 7 & 9 are 2 of my favourite games though. them, golden sun & zelda games
    Originally posted by Zalbor
    I'm thinking about getting it, but I don't know... Every single RPG I've played until now (and don't get bored with it) I stop at the final boss which I can never beat. That was the case with FFX.
    So, maybe it's not worth it buying this if I can't finish it either, and I've also heard that it's not that good a game.
    Added that CC has no real story (as I heard), it seems there won't be any more FF for me.

The final bosses in the series are always *much* easier to beat if you have picked up all the bonuses along the way. For example if you had Amina in (whichever one had Amina in it) then you could win the final battle in like, two (or maybe one) moves. Knights Of The Round did the same thing in FF7, though it took an age to get. :D

Otherwise it's normally just a matter of leveling until you are ready.

I have X-2, I'm still getting in to it.
    Originally posted by Mist
    The final bosses in the series are always *much* easier to beat if you have picked up all the bonuses along the way. For example if you had Amina in (whichever one had Amina in it) then you could win the final battle in like, two (or maybe one) moves. Knights Of The Round did the same thing in FF7, though it took an age to get. :D

Otherwise it's normally just a matter of leveling until you are ready.

I have X-2, I'm still getting in to it.
    i have almost completed it....... im quite dissapointed too tbh... just started the final chapter...
    but i know the last couple of fights are gonna be a bitch if i dont spend time leveling.
    gonna play thought again when i complete it to try and get all the secrets etc.
    Originally posted by Karma Killer
    i have almost completed it....... im quite dissapointed too tbh... just started the final chapter...
    but i know the last couple of fights are gonna be a bitch if i dont spend time leveling.
    gonna play thought again when i complete it to try and get all the secrets etc.

Yes. I normally play through with a walkthrough to get all the side quests and stuff. Otheriwse it's just insane at the end.
    Yes. I normally play through with a walkthrough to get all the side quests and stuff. Otheriwse it's just insane at the end.
    i have got the strat gide and done quite a few of the side quests but i found they was making it too easy so i gave up using it in the hope of more challange and i got it... just pick up everything i misses second time around
    I never use a stratergy guide the 1st time round.
    I never use a stratergy guide the 1st time round.

Well so far I am reading 18% complete, and I reckon I would have missed a good half of that without the walkthrough. I don't use them for techniques on how to win, just on which locations to visit, because some things are stupidly hidden on paths it would take me years to find. :crazyeyes
    Well so far I am reading 18% complete, and I reckon I would have missed a good half of that without the walkthrough. I don't use them for techniques on how to win, just on which locations to visit, because some things are stupidly hidden on paths it would take me years to find. :crazyeyes

Prehaps oh well i will explore everything next time through. Some questions:

What dressspheres do you use and who uses them?

Who did you return the 'awsome sphere too'?

For me it is
    Yuna: Gunner/Black Mage/Gun Mage
    Rikku: Thief/White mage/Songstress
    Paine: Warrior

and i gave it to the Youth League
    Prehaps oh well i will explore everything next time through. Some questions:

What dressspheres do you use and who uses them?

Who did you return the 'awsome sphere too'?

For me it is
    Yuna: Gunner/Black Mage/Gun Mage
    Rikku: Thief/White mage/Songstress
    Paine: Warrior

and i gave it to the Youth League

I've not got an awsome sphere yet i don't think.

so far it is -

Yuna - Gunner / Black mage
    Rikku - Thief
    Paine - Black mage / Gunner / Full Throttle special
    i use all the special dressspheres..
    and paine is my warrior/black knight
    rikku is warrior and eventually gunner
    and yuna is gunner but eventually white mage/black mage
    and i gave the awsome sphere to new yevon
    I think i found a new dresssphere i like.

Paine = warrior/trainer ^^
    I want to play...I was getting into FFX until my boyfriend took his PS2 back. So now I can't play that anymore, as well as not playing the new one. Grr.
    Originally posted by MoonShiner
    I want to play...I was getting into FFX until my boyfriend took his PS2 back. So now I can't play that anymore, as well as not playing the new one. Grr.

Get yourself a PS2... :p
    Paine = warrior/trainer

Hmm, I have not found that one yet.

Hmm, I have not found that one yet.

Bwahahah my secret yes.

I am most annoyed that i keep losing to Shrina in the sphere break tourniment though. Selfish little git. I want that dress sphere

It's ps2 or car insurance. Car insurance wins. Unfortunately. I may have to steal his ps2 again though...
    why is it ten 2 and not 11?
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    why is it ten 2 and not 11?

It's the first direct sequel. Usually all the characters, the world and the story change between games. X-2 follows on from 2 years after the events of FFX
    Im onto chapter 5 and im only 47% complete and dont have v many dress spheres. Characters level 35 ish.:(