Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ring of spots/bumps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey was in the bath earlier and I have a ring of spots really high up on my leg. Like where your leg joins your groin-area :confused: you have that seam bit - well it's about a cm below there. What worried me was the appearance - it looked a bit like a heaf test (except more bumps) and inside it was a different colour to the rest of my skin. Mind you I was having a bad bout of eczema in the bath.

Any ideas what it could be? I looked up dermatitus and skin conditions and couldnt find anything like it. They had rashes which were allergic reactions then warts - no little raised bumps in a circular pattern :confused:. The thing is I think I've heard of this symptom before can't remember where.

Comments

• Options
    I have no idea... unless you have the Bubonic Plague but I doubt it! (the whole 'ring-o-roses' thing)

It might just be a coincidence that they've come up in a circle? Are they really obviously in a pattern?
  • Options
    ringworm or exema
  • Options
    yus, my eczema comes up in circular patterns, and i almost always get it in creases, like my elbow, armpit, groin/leg crease.

you can get aqueous cream from the chemist that'll keep it moisturised, but usually mine go away on their own.
  • Options
    When it comes to rashes, you really need to consult your GP. It's probably nothing but none of us can diagnose online. If you find it hard to visit your GP, you could always try NHS Direct:
    NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

:)
  • Options
    Yeah - ringworm probably
  • Options
    ringworm or eczema?

I'll go check at the docs soon but I think it's likely to be eczema - recently my legs have been so itchy! And I was born with eczema anyway but I use an emolient in the bath that used to work. Maybe I need to put more in? :confused:

Thanks for your advice peoples :)
  • Options
    yea i had exema when i was a baby and i was normal since then until a year ago and i started itching like fucked, i had a rash that covered most of my lower leg, its gone down but still not away