Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

weeeeed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been thinking about trying ganja for a while,and i think i might sometime. question is, how do i know if stuff is 'safe' <i.e. not cut with crack or anything>? i'm not sure who to get it off either - i have contacts but don't know...anything really? advice any1?
xxx

Comments

• Options
    Do you have any friends that do weed? If you did it would be alot easier to split the cost and try it with them. If you do that you could be sure that it is safe and they can take care of all the other crud like location, rolling etc - If that's the type of thing you were worried about when you said you didn't know anything.
  • Options
    Haha, that crack thing always makes me laugh.

Weed will never , ever, have crack in it. If it looks white, then it's probably becuase it has a lot of THC crystals, which is a good thing. Adding crack to skunk doesn't make economical sense, the cost to the dealer would be too much, so it'd be a major waste of his/her money.

Anyway, it's better to be in a good environment with folk you know well, just incase you get a bout of paranoia, which is quite doubtfull. Oh, and buy some caramel snack-a-jacks :thumb:
  • Options
    How about erowid.org :thumb:
  • Options
    Re: weeeeed
    Originally posted by prettycolours
    i've been thinking about trying ganja for a while,and i think i might sometime. question is, how do i know if stuff is 'safe' <i.e. not cut with crack or anything>? i'm not sure who to get it off either - i have contacts but don't know...anything really? advice any1?
    xxx
    the cannabis scene is a very freindly and honest one on the whole. there are always sharks in the water but it's not at all difficult to buy cannabis. if you want it you'll find it ...and no it won't have crack or smack in it ...
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If you haven't already prettycolours, you could have a look at theSite's info pages,
    here, here and here. The more you know the better!
  • Options
    Buying drugs is always risky, and given that I think your a girl then its potenically more dangerous. Dont just wander down to the side of the cannal/suspect area and ask for it. You may well get some, but it wont be any good and you'll get over charged.

Ask your mates, the likelyhood is one of them will be able to buy some, buying from mates is ALWAYS a good idea. Then you'll have someone to smoke with as well because its not really any good by yourself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RiSe & ShIne
    Haha, that crack thing always makes me laugh.

Weed will never , ever, have crack in it. If it looks white, then it's probably becuase it has a lot of THC crystals, which is a good thing. Adding crack to skunk doesn't make economical sense, the cost to the dealer would be too much, so it'd be a major waste of his/her money.

Anyway, it's better to be in a good environment with folk you know well, just incase you get a bout of paranoia, which is quite doubtfull. Oh, and buy some caramel snack-a-jacks :thumb:

hehe ta very much - thats a good point, i hadn't thought about the fact that people probly wouldn't wana be giving away their crack mixed up with soft stuff. wonder who tells that around...i was at a mates' house once tho and was instructed not to have any of what some dudes were smoking because it was 'skunk', which i was informed meant that it had all sorts of dangerous yuck in it.
    crazy...
    xxx
  • Options
    Skunk is just a general term for high strength weed, it comes from the fact that it smells, well like a skunk. Or at least its just luck that they smell the same.

Its not like you dont get people spiking their weed, it can be done, but they would never give/sell it away at ordinary prices.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Its not like you dont get people spiking their weed, it can be done, but they would never give/sell it away at ordinary prices.

I agree, definately.
    Although on the debate about spiking weed - I had been sold a quarter of some spiked skunk/weed/whatever for £35 and it was most definately spiked, I started shaking and what not. It wasn't a pleasant experience to say the least.

Anyway, to the question about weed...well....everyone else has said all that needs to be.
  • Options
    Bad reactions to weed/hash, in that it just makes you feel ill is more likely something in the weed that shouldnt be there. Over use of chemicals during the growing, or something suspect in the hash.

However, if you get effects more like another drug, then its probably been spiked. I knew a kid at school who bought some hash from some travelers who moved into our town. He sparked up and started freeking out, seeing stuff, basicly tripping, which at age 15 didnt go down well.
    It turned out that the travelers gave him their stuff and not the stuff for sale. They were pretty annoyed because that stuff was much more expencive, and he was seriously turned off hash.
  • Options
    if the pot looks good, like with orange hair and plenty of crystals , you can be 99% they didnt lace it with anything. The dealer paid a higher price and he doesnt want to waste money on pcp or sometn to lace pot that it already good..If its mid grade pot well just smell it. its uncommon but what they could cut weed with has an unpleasant chemical smell and is harsh for the throat.

The only time ive ever been sold laced weed was at a concert. Some guy from the country sold us outdoor grown pot that kinda looked like hay, and smelled weird. We smoked it anyways , like half a gram between three people and I barely could stand. I had to hold on to my friends shoulders when we were walking hehe...

For weed theres not much to worry, but I often get laced hash. With tar , drain-o , household stuff... It is almost unsmokeable cuz its harsh and gives me violent confusing highs , with alot of physical discomforts...Naughty dealers do that ;p
  • Options
    If it were to be laced with anything it would be what they call "water" here. Which means it might have been dipped in some chemical like formeldehyde sp? Just smell it, if it has a chemical smell don't buy it. I've heard of people mixing weed with crack and smoking it on a bong, but they bought both themselves. But beware of "water". Not sure if that's prevalent in Europe.
  • Options
    Why would dealers use this "water" treatment, what do you gain from the exercise? Isnt the stuff itself more expencive than the weed?
  • Options
    in the seventies some irish grown weed that wasn't up to scratch
    arrived in mainland uk and was dipped in dmt. it was known as super bush. the guy who had imported the stuff needed his money back and apparently this was how he did it. it was known as the lunch time trip! to heavy for me.
  • Options
    It will be very obvious if anyone sells you stuff dipped in that, its not exactly a subtle high is it.

I still find it strange you didnt like it Rolly, but then I guess, horses for courses as they say.
  • Options
    Know your source, or don't scorch on the porch,

If you aint knowin' where your green comin' from, then don't blaze.

That's straight up real.

My shit always be straight up game, dutch through Jamaican.

My advice,

If you aint start smokin' yet, don't.

After 2-3 years that bud can have you gripped by the balls.

Be bright, don't ignite.

PEACE
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    It will be very obvious if anyone sells you stuff dipped in that, its not exactly a subtle high is it.

I still find it strange you didnt like it Rolly, but then I guess, horses for courses as they say.
    all that ever happened to me with DMT was i got scared shitless! very nervous ...on edge ...going insane. yet after all the drugs i've done you'd think i could handle it ...i can't ...realy freaks me out.
  • Options
    It certainly is a powerful physical rush certainly, and obviously because you smoke it its very quick acting.

I certainly wouldnt recomend it to anyone lightly, its not a drug that you can really prepare yourself for.

I personally really liked it though.
  • Options
    alright dudes im back! haha !
    Bongbudda hows it going

Pretty Colours, you really have nothing to worry about, you'll either get sold hash weed or "skunk"
    If i were you and hadnt ever smoked before dont buy skunk, its gonna be more expensive and will probly mong you out cos it'll be pretty strong, specially for a newbie

Try and avoid solid in this country, 90% of it is very poor quality and cut with all sorts like diesel oil, plastic etc.

Go for a bag of weed, it'll be cheap (tenner-ish) and it'll get you good and highhhh!

Oh and the people who claim to have been sold 'laced' dope!!?
    Do me a favour. No ONE laces weed with acid, speed, crack, pcp etc.
    Firstly, smoking stuff like acid does nothing.
    Secondly, there isnt a dealer on this planet that would increase his costs for no reason
    Thirdly, if you get a strange reaction its gonna be because of your physical self when you smoke it. Smoking after drinking heavily screws you up. Smoking on a hangover makes you slow etc etc.

Its all about how you are at the time you have a smoke. its NOTHING to do with so called laced-dope. It simply doesnt exist.
    If anyone tries to claim thats the case then you know its bullshit!

rant over!
    take it easy people...
  • Options
    I dont think it doesnt happen, but its very much like acid in pills, people say it happens about a million times more often than it actually does.