Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'Shrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey, how many grams of magi's would you recommend for a first time ? I would've thought about 15, but Im being offered 25 for less...any ideas?
ta

Comments

• Options
    I did truffles which is more a less the same as magic mushrooms 10g is the recommended amount for beginners i`d go for that and if u need more you could always neck more through the night.
  • Options
    In the shop close to me you can buy a 30gram bag and half a bag is a good dose i've been told.

Whenever you get them just ask the person in the shop about the dose.
  • Options
    From what I gather from friends 10g is a good amount to start with.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a question...

Around when does the mushroom season end? I mean, when do shops stop selling them? It's kind of annoying that the best time for me to take them would be in summer when I would be likely to have the house to myself and no exams to concentrate on but I assume by then there'd be no mushrooms!
  • Options
    The shops get them from Holland i think,so they are always around.

When they grow in Northern Ireland it's around September/October/November for season.
  • Options
    What strain of mushroom are you planning on taking? I'm guessing you're taking about the Mexicana Truffles. If so, 10g's would be a good dose, maybe a bit less if you're a bit worried.

And you can purchase mushrooms all year round, there's growing kits you can buy, which I presume the mushrooms you see for sale are grown from.
  • Options
    i cant wait until my next truffles experience which will be in under 2 weeks! I seriously lost the plot last time but in a good way so at least 2nd time round i`ll be more prepared and will make the most of it. I found myself quite hungry on em too so i plan to have plenty of munchies at hand too.
  • Options
    I'm sure the mushies you see in headshops are grown in the UK, there would be no need to import them and it would be a git anyway, you'd have to have a cold lorry.

Roughly the wet dose for most mushies is about 15-30g, so I would go for 15 on your first go. You can always do more but you cant take it back if you do too much.
  • Options
    Yea, the bags of shrooms i've seen are 30grams.

Some friends of mine said they had a bet on, they are going to try and eat 3 bags of the stuff...that's 90grams :crazyeyes:
  • Options
    Well they will deserve everything they get, which probably wont be very nice. Either that or they will see God and he will tell them to stop being such arses.

It doesnt make you big or clever to be able to consume more than anyone else. It just makes it more expencive for you to get high.
  • Options
    Maybe so but they would be very high, an experience.
  • Options
    In my fellas local headshop they sell boxes of 30g, those i know who have bought them have munched the box and had a good night. My sister had never had them before and she had an easy night on them. They varied from Mexican to Columbian and another obscure strain.

My fella used to grow some Amazonian ones, cant remember the technical one for that. They are very strong as mushies go if you can get your hands on them.
  • Options
    It depends...if they are psilocybe cubensis , which they probably are if they were sold to you by some random dealer , a good first dose would be 2 dried grams, or 20-25 wet grams...

If the mushrooms have very thin stems and small round caps , they could be copelandia cyanescens , which i highly reccomend not going over 1 dried gram on your first trip...

Have fun
  • Options
    Grapefruity shrooms can be bought legally over here.
  • Options
    Yeah I did about 10grams on my first go and it was a good amount to begin on.

Sorry to hijjack this post but I was considering doing shrooms for this party tomorrow but I've only done them once in the company of some intimate friends, will doing it with loads of people in noisy conditions really shoot me through?
  • Options
    A low dose should be ok, but then it depends a lot on the person, only you can really tell whether you can handle it.