Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sheffield Hallam or Leeds met?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi i have had offers from both of these uni and not sure which one 2 pick? any1 go to ever of them? wat do u think of them? i am kinda think sheff more then leeds. Wat are the cities them selfs like?

If i do go 2 sheff wat halls to u guys recommend? is there parking?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    have you visited the uni's themselves, if not it might be a good idea to do so and get a feel for the places
    I aint yet no but i intend 2 very soon.
    It's a good idea to visit both uni's for yourself, so you can make your own mind up rather than asking other people... As your opinions may well vary from theirs. Different people like different things about the same uni *shrugs* so just go visit and then decide. when you go see them, you may take a violent dislike to one of them, and then there's your choice made.
    I'm intending to go to SHU, been there and quite liked it. The campus I went to was the Collegiate one.
    Sheffield the city is good place, I recommend it...........:)
    Meadowhall. :heart:

Not been to the actual city centre, but been to Hillsbrough Football Stadium a few times and Meadowhall..quite a few times.

Don't live too far from there either.
    If its SHU halls then I wouldn't advise the Norfolk Park ones - mostly due to the pubs ages away - and well being a student not a good thing. Thats all I can really tell you about halls - Archways is a good one, as well as Leadmill pount and exchange works (for the actual accomodation themselves (Leadmill points opposite a club) but it's best to look at the booklets, and information as to what you think suits you. (And there all near City Campus)

Like others have said it's best to get a feel of the place first.

City campus is a good one as well as Colligiate depending where you'd be based.

I like SHU it's good!

(Then again this was bound to be biased going there myself...:))

PM us though if you want to know more about it - but Visit yourself!
    on the other hand leeds met is a good place. leeds itself is one of the best cities to be a student in and the nightlife is great (if you're into that?) the accommodation for leeds met students is nice enough. it's a city a good deal of money has been put into and the centre is a nice place to be... good shopping, facilities etc. transport and route connections to other areas is good.
    The Silly String
    Originally posted by Silviena
    If its SHU halls then I wouldn't advise the Norfolk Park ones - mostly due to the pubs ages away - and well being a student not a good thing. Thats all I can really tell you about halls - Archways is a good one, as well as Leadmill pount and exchange works (for the actual accomodation themselves (Leadmill points opposite a club) but it's best to look at the booklets, and information as to what you think suits you. (And there all near City Campus)

Like others have said it's best to get a feel of the place first.

City campus is a good one as well as Colligiate depending where you'd be based.

I like SHU it's good!

(Then again this was bound to be biased going there myself...:))

PM us though if you want to know more about it - but Visit yourself!

yeh, my course will base me on the collegiate campus; however, the only accomodation their is catered and doesn't look very nice so i'm going to try exchange works or something.
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    yeh, my course will base me on the collegiate campus; however, the only accomodation their is catered and doesn't look very nice so i'm going to try exchange works or something.

There's a whole shed load of student places for rent around collegiate crescent so if you don't want to go in halls then don't bother.

I've no real idea which halls are best because they have closed and opened different ones since I was there, it's a good city though.

Which course is it?
    Originally posted by Mist
    There's a whole shed load of student places for rent around collegiate crescent so if you don't want to go in halls then don't bother.

I've no real idea which halls are best because they have closed and opened different ones since I was there, it's a good city though.

Which course is it?

Well I wanted to go in Halls really.

Criminology and Sociology.
    Guide to unis I'm sure I got this link from The Site in the first place, but here it is again!
    hiya

firstly i should say, don't go to leeds! my bf was at leeds uni for a few years and a mate at met and leeds is not the best city to be a student in if u want to stay safe! nite lifes good but thats about it unfortunately.

Sheffield is one of the safest cities in the country and SHU is good. In terms of halls, there is Charlotte Court, new this accademic year which is self-catered and en-suite which is good and has a number of parking spaces but you can also park on the road outside. its easy to get to collegiate from there. There is also Bramall Court which is obviously near to Bramall Lane, (Shef Utd). The halls at collegiate arent't the best but are right on campus so if ur lazy and like to get up late thats a good option. Norfolk park should be a big no-no cos of the distance to Uni (all 3 campuses) and its not the best area up there.

Contact the uni accommodation office for more advice and rememeber you can go visit the halls and take a look around before u decide which one.

Hope this has helped.

ChampagneSipper x
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    First of all this post is dead.

Secondly your opinions of Leeds 'not being safe' are unjust, incorrect and invalid.