Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Books

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Does anyone have any book reccommendations. Im only now starting to read again since well year 10 GCSEs ive borrowed a book by Kelly Armstrong called 'Bitten' which im really enjoying so can anyone recommend anything on a similar wavelegnth to this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    theres a thread just down from this one, by jazza bing all about book reccomendations, im sure it has 'can anyone reccomend a book?' in the title, now did you miss that or just choose to ignore it?
  • Options
    I think that one is asking to reccomend a different type of book, not everyone reads the same kind of book.
    Well I have no idea what kind of book that is so i'll just reccomend the one i'm reading now, its:
    Iain M. Banks-Inversions
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    theres a thread just down from this one, by jazza bing all about book reccomendations, im sure it has 'can anyone reccomend a book?' in the title, now did you miss that or just choose to ignore it?

Err sorry i didnt realise im sposed to read every single topic and all topic histories before posting my own.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    Err sorry i didnt realise im sposed to read every single topic and all topic histories before posting my own.
    That's not what she was saying but it is on the same page so you could have seen it. Just saves duplicated topics.

To answer your question, Aidan Chambers is very good (teenage books, but good ones!), also like Jeanette Winterson, Robert Harris, Alice Sebold. So anything by any of them. :yes:

And modern classics like Lord of the Flies, Catch 22, etc. are all worth reading if only to say you have! But they are considered classic for a reason!
  • Options
    i wasnt getting 'funny' at the comment but i find it a bit irritating when if a new topic is similar to an older one people start getting narky

But thanks for the book reccomendations