Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

lufc 4 eva

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
so how many ppl on the site support leeds united cuz i feel like im the only fan some time.
vickey
smithy 4 england
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't mean to be rude, but if you went to matches you would see the other few thousand fans.
    i do go to games but i live 8 hours away so i cant go to games like every week and i no one apart from my dad who supports them im just trying to meet ppl hu do like them

vickey

oh ps how do u make a custom avatar.
    Leeds through and through here. Being a fan all my life and will continue to be a fan whatever happens this season and the seasons to come.

LUFC 4 EVA

Are you originally from the Leeds area?

JST is another Leeds fan on here, think that is about it.
    no my dad lived ther while he was a lil kid so u no i carried on the support im gunna support them no matter what if they go dwn next season its cool cuz i can watch them at plymouth and prob alot more
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Lickalotapuss

JST is another Leeds fan on here, think that is about it.

Damn right!

"Marching on Together, we're gonna see you win, na na...."

"Peter Risdale, is a wanker, is a wanker, is a wankkeeerr"

While we got some Leeds fans here, what do you reckon to the 'disgrace' that is the Aussie Footie Association banning Vids for Saturdays game?
    He knew the rules, if he was England he would never have pulled that stunt. At the end of the day you cannot pick and choose when you decide to play for your country.

Would you have been happy if Beckham had played for Real on the weekend, cried off midweek for England, then made a 'recovery' on the weekend again? He would have been slaughtered in the press and by the fans.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Harry Kewell and Ryan Giggs have done it for years! And got away with it everytime! :rolleyes:

The only other Aussie player banned missed the game because his wife was in labour. What should happen then? Ban him because he'd rather be with his wife?
    its crap he shouldnt b getting banned like u sed b4 harry kewells done it and whats differant about him. but i think the aussies are doin this because they said ages ago that if he stayed at leeds it would affect his chances of getting into the aussie team.

evan though every 1 hates ridsdale he is a really nice guy he helped us at chrimbo years ago and he said next time you come up to leeds come and see him so we did and he took me to the changging room and shouted in " alan the girl from cornwall that i was telling you about is here" i was like wow alan smith and ridsdale have bin talking about me.
    Well Vickey, Ridsdale might be a nice bloke in person but that doesn't change the fact that he has fucked Leeds up. We are in the position we are in now mainly due to the way he run the club. So nice person maybe, but still a wanker in all Leeds Utd fans eyes.

Viduka situation - Obviously I am pissed off, now he is back and raring to go he is going to be a big factor as to whether we survive the drop this year and we will miss him at Man U. I think they have being a bit harsh but apparently Leeds are seeking legal advice on the matter.
    Would you have been happy if Beckham had played for Real on the weekend, cried off midweek for England, then made a 'recovery' on the weekend again? He would have been slaughtered in the press and by the fans.
    Come on, talk a bit of sense now. If Beckham played for Real and picked up an injury and he wasn't available he wouldn't get slaughtered by the press and fans at all. You can't carry a knock and get away with it at this level of football. If Beckham cried off, obviously no England fans would be happy as he is a major part of the team but if he did it in a friendly to avoid a recurrence of an injury, then so what, it is a friendly at the end of the day, it has no importance what-so-ever.
    Originally posted by JsT
    Harry Kewell and Ryan Giggs have done it for years! And got away with it everytime! :rolleyes:

The only other Aussie player banned missed the game because his wife was in labour. What should happen then? Ban him because he'd rather be with his wife?

I take it if English players did it to the detriment of the national team you'd be ok with that? Ryan Giggs is the perfect example of why this shouldn't be allowed, I think it was disgusting that Ferguson was allowed to get away with it and would have said the same thing about ANY team who did this not just Leeds, so don't take it too personally.

Viduka was the person mentioned in the post so I commented about him.
    Not bad result, Vickey did you swoon? ;)
    Just to add to the part about International duties - Gerrard and Cambell off the top of my head were playing at the weekend and didn't report to England with supposed injuries. The press hasn't slaughtered them and they haven't been banned.