Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Elegant & Sophisticated...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm going to a music concert soon, and am now looking for an outfit to wear.
I like to look elegant, sophisticated and gothic.. With that in mind, what kind of outfit or look would you suggest?

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    Long black skirt, black top with lacy bits and black pointy boots. Very sexy. Looks awful on my (sulk) but it's probably the best way to do smart & gothic. Sometimes a touch of a very bright colour (e.g. scarlet) in a trimming looks nice if you don't want to be all black :yes:.
  • Options
    http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=256684&RN=146

I think this is pretty sophisticated. . . but its not all black. Which is good. Its cheap too..if your looking for a more expensive one...

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod11110125&parentId=cat2870732&masterId=cat000127&grandMasterId=cat000111&index=25&cmCat=

Shelli Segal is such an amazing designer.
  • Options
    j/w would the gig be HIM at the astoria on monday? *points at avatar*
  • Options
    i hope its not, a dress at the astoria hahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    went to see HIM last night. Was surprised at the varied audience-hardly any majorly gothy ppl there-more skater boy types.

I think you need some soft black lace short gloves like ,y mate has to add a little touch to the outfit-and hey if its for a gig-they can double up as sweat wiping devices! Have a black lacy figure hugging top that shows your shoulders and not too much cleavage unless we're going for tarty look too!

PaperBprincess-I take it the astoria is as bad as the academy brum for wearing nice clothes then?! I wore my jeans-practical!

My friend wore pvc head to toe-how the hell she dodnt flake out due to heat exhaustion is beyond me!
  • Options
    It is indeed the Astoria 2moro night...

Strange how Jowolvo only saw skater boys.. at the astoria, the amount of goths there is just frightening lol.

Still don't know what to wear aaaah!

Ilora x
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo

PaperBprincess-I take it the astoria is as bad as the academy brum for wearing nice clothes then?! I wore my jeans-practical!
    hmm, i didnt mean that. the astoria is firstly nicknamed the blood sweat and piss venue.
    but what i meant was all those people crowd surfing and pushing and stuff, not really dress appropriate.
  • Options
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    hmm, i didnt mean that. the astoria is firstly nicknamed the blood sweat and piss venue.
    but what i meant was all those people crowd surfing and pushing and stuff, not really dress appropriate.
    :yes: that is so true. i'm going. my friend forced me into it. i spose they are good live. and ville :yum: i wont even wear like decent trainers to the astoria! lol