Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

scared to go back

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've decided to go back to school either next fall or next spring. But I'm scared to go. Not like, oh no I don't want to go kind of scared because I seriously soo want to go back. I'm actually excited to be back, but its the fact that I've not done good thus far. My first year of college was ok, but my second year was bad. I skipped class more than I went, I never did the work, I barely even passed my last semester. I actually begged my philosophy teacher to pass me or else I wouldn't have graduated. Then the next year, I was there for a month and went to 5 classes total in that whole time. I dropped out after that. So what I'm scared of is that I won't be able to do it. I want to but my will power lacks quite alot. Every night I'll have the option, go to school or stay home and smoke and my priorities in life are not exatly the best at the moment.

Anybody got any ideas for me that will help when I go back?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So your choices are smoke weed or go collage? Well, we all have these options every day! I choose to go to uni this morning! *Proud*

Once you get into the cource a bit. you will hopefully get some kind of self achievment from it and therfore want to follow it through.
    Good luck

Bopz
    Just do a combination of the two as in go to uni wrecked will numb the boredom then.

.:Crispy:.
    Just do a combination of the two as in go to uni wrecked will numb the boredom then.

I think hes doing night collage dude......... not uni, but does not matter.

Bopz
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    I think hes doing night collage dude......... not uni, but does not matter.

Bopz

I think he's a she, dude.
    No. I plan on going to school full time, not just night classes.
    From my_name profile
    Gender girl
    Sorry :)

Bopz
    Think long-term - I'm guessing the reason you're going back is to have more qualifications, get a better job and all that? You won't get that if you don't go in every day! (or at least most days...)

Not that I'm one to talk. I miss far too many lectures.

Aaaanyway... as Bopperz says, once you're there it'll be easier. You'll get into the swing of things, you'll enjoy it I'm sure and you'll feel more motivated once you get into the spirit of it.

Good luck :)