Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Michelle McManus

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He never mentioned saying sorry and neither did i till someone else poked their nose in.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    :crying:

Brilliant!

Best come back ever :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Museman
    If Michelle has been some skinny beauty then everyone would have been saying it was another bad role-model convincing kids that they have to be this size etc. So naturally, encouraging kids to be clinically obese and worse still wallow in the glory of being that size is a much better messgae to send to young people!!

god, exactly. where are all the normal sized people?

either we have androgynous stick thin waifs shoved down our throats, or we have big people going on and on about how big is beautiful.

if they want to set a good example to kids they should have people who are healthy and active and not obsessed with beauty.
  • Options
    Holy shit, why you all so serious on here? We all know it was a joke, a bit of a laugh, that's it.

Lighten up people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    He never mentioned saying sorry and neither did i till someone else poked their nose in.

That's because I'm just back in again.

Sorry then.

Jeeesus
  • Options
    Did you not read that post above yours now?
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    god, exactly. where are all the normal sized people?

either we have androgynous stick thin waifs shoved down our throats, or we have big people going on and on about how big is beautiful.

if they want to set a good example to kids they should have people who are healthy and active and not obsessed with beauty.
    i don't think britney is stick thin though, she has muscle and she's well toned. i cba thinking of other examples......
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Did you not read that post above yours now?

Not till later.

My bad.
  • Options
    boys boys

just kiss and make up *mwaaahs*

im tired:( night
  • Options
    so uh... who is this chick?
  • Options
    The only reason McMassive (as was put in a previous post) won was because all the fat people in britain rejoiced in the fact they were going to get a chance to vote for someone to be a fat idol - making themselves feel better. It was all this 'i think it's great that a fat person has got this far' not ' oh my god, what an amazing voice'. My mother-in-law to be, who is fairly large, wouldn't shut up about how great she was, along with all the other overweight people i know. I think the fact she won shows just how much our country is becoming obese. Or maybe because all the fatties, wallowing in self pity and wotsits were so close to the phones ready for the next domino's order they couldn't resist voting for a untalented minger in the hope that they will one day have a daughter to follow in her inprints.
  • Options
    i personally think the reason michelle won was because the voting was fixed, because sam was easily the best and plus if any of you saw the latest winner from americal idol, he was also fat and to be honest i can see a fat person winning in the off chance in one country, but in two and at the same time, sounds a bit dodgy to me!
  • Options
    Hmm I just think she's suited to the celine dion end of music as its very lotsa love ballads apparently. I haven't heard it myself tho but tbh her actual voice is not appealing to me.

Think its hard to be critical about her without fans accusing you of being size-ist.

Now for real largeness in music we need to think of bowling for soups fat dude-that guy is some serious adipose tissue!
  • Options
    Originally posted by my_name
    so uh... who is this chick?

She won 2003 Pop Idol.

And she's a size 18 or something.

Not that I think it's a very big deal.

http://www.michelleofficial.co.uk/

Or more specifically; http://www.michelleofficial.co.uk/gallery.php
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    And she's a size 18 or something.
    Hardly. She's more like a 24 :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Young and sexy
    Hardly. She's more like a 24 :p

Yeah, no way can she be an 18.

I don't think I've even heard any of her music. Or if I have, I didn't know it was her. So I can't comment on whether I think she's any good or not. But I do think that people are making way too big a deal out of it. I mean, if she hadn't won there'd be a thread on here saying 'it's only because she's fat' and now she has won, surprise surprise, we have a thread saying 'it's only because she's fat'.

Would be nice if one day people just didn't care either way.