Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

rejected from uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
just read a letter from ucas who say that newcastle and northampton universities have rejected me,do i have a good chance of getting into the other 4 uni's i applyed for bearing in mind i have an interview with reading next month?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends, really.

If you are only predicted 3 Cs, say, and you've applied to 6 unis asking for 3 As, then yeah, you prolly will be rejected. But if you've been senisble and gone for unis across the scale then no, I don't think you will be.
    just to let you know i am a mature student
    Unis are generally more lenient to mature students so long as you big up your life experience and show willing ... but again if you have applied to places that expect grades much higher than you will or have got, you will not stand the best chance.

Susie :)

edited to say I was rejected from two of my uni's way back when, but the other four really wanted me so there is hope!
    Just because your rejected from some dosent mean they all dont like you! You will find out soon enough i'm sure. If they do all turn you down you got to try to work out why? Personal statement not funky enough? etc

Bopz