Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

whose proud of their uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
apparently derby is crap but i still rep with my jacket!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, same here with Liverpool. I get very shirty with people who tell me its crap, and i've got a mate from London coming up this week and i'm going to bombard him with everything this place can throw at him! (well the good stuff anyway).
    i actually want one of the uni hoodies....but i dunno, ive not really been there long enough to be proud of it yet :p
    Me! :D

Well, it is the best in the country...

:p

And it's also pretty fun. Honest! We don't all work like maniacs! (you all know that, look at my post count here...) And it's quite exciting that my lecturers are all so intelligent and are world authorities on their subjects, as well as having written most of our textbooks etc... aah, so exciting!

Sorry, I'm in a really keen geeky mood at the moment :blush:
    i dont understand why people wear the uni hoodies...i think they are horrible, but more to the point i dont see why you would want to wear something that has the name of the place you are currently in, on it :confused:

i just think the whole point in having a tshirt, or whatever, with a place name on it is so you can "show off"/advertise that you have been elsewhere/somewhere exotic/on holiday...but not the place you are currently in

my friend has one...she says its comfy and warm...so maybe thats why :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    And it's quite exciting that my lecturers are all so intelligent and are world authorities on their subjects, as well as having written most of our textbooks etc... aah, so exciting!

yes...but everytime a student buys one of their books, they get some money for it. :p

this happens at all unis...lecturers always seem to recommend their own books/papers
    Originally posted by draven
    yes...but everytime a student buys one of their books, they get some money for it. :p

this happens at all unis...lecturers always seem to recommend their own books/papers
    Yeah that's true I know! Still pretty exciting though... well, maybe I'll get bored of it and old and cynical, but I'm still in my first year and therefore innocent and impressionable :D
    Yeah that's true I know! Still pretty exciting though... well, maybe I'll get bored of it and old and cynical, but I'm still in my first year and therefore innocent and impressionable :D

ahh...im in 3rd year...and very cynical ;)
    Oh yeah, how's it going? I remember you posted a thread saying you were about to start in January - hope you're settling in well :)

i like it :) ive settled in friends wise now, just gotta start an essay thingy, but not got a clue where to start! but ah well im sure i'll get there! im in my fourth week :D

i just think the uni hoody's are nice. plus as i live at home i wouldnt only be wearing it at uni, so yeah i guess i am proud of uni, and proud that i got in, so i'd like to advertise that fact by wearing a hoody with the logo on
    where did ur post go that i just quoted :confused:
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    where did ur post go that i just quoted :confused:
    Sorry I'd deleted it cos I just saw your thread just under this one saying 'uni' and realised I could catch up on how you were doing in there, instead of making a fool of myself by being v unobservant!

But anyway.

Sounds like you're having fun, yay :) and yeah, essays are a bit hellish - I've just finished a particularly evil one, so yay, I get an early night tonight! Mmm, sleep...

Yeah, ours do that... one of the other lecturers said in a lecture "I'm sure X has already reccomended his book a million times, but on this occasion it would actually be useful"

I still didn't buy it though! :P
    I'm pretty proud of ours. My department is 5th in the country, which isnt exactly bad, so Im looking forward to my hoody arriving with GEOLOGY emblazened accross the back. And i have the just general fleece (cos its snuggly and warm) that i wear on occasion.

Most people think that Liverpool in general is a dump, not really the uni, but i argue back :)
    Originally posted by faerielights

Most people think that Liverpool in general is a dump, not really the uni, but i argue back :)

Yeah before I came even locals i knew said it was a dump... but I love it.

To anybody who disses liverpool - remember 2008! ;) The city will look very different by then (well, i hope so, with the £2bn being spent on it!)
    I'm proud enough of Nottingham. It's not world beating, it's not world famous, but it goes about life in a capable, assured manner, without stirring up too much of a fuss.

Bit like me, really. :p
    :( i feel excluded... so im going to include myself im proud of my college :)

*now i feel better*
    Bristol is FANTASTIC... we have more steep hills per capita than any other University in the United Kingdom. (And all the student accomodation is 2 miles away from uni)
    I love Edinburgh. Completely love it. And I'm proud too and yes I DO have a University hoodie although I only really wear it when I'm cold in bed or when I'm moping about in my room. But I'd be proud to wear it outside and will be very very happy to have a degree from here.
    i suppose im fairly proud of loughborough, well proud enough to wear a rugby shirt, and being finalists we are going to organise a hall finalist polo shirt im guessing too
    I go to Glasgow, I'm very proud of it, and of my dept. One of the best uni's in the UK, and prob one of the best depts in the UK as well for English Language. I can see the tower as I go to work at tyhe weekends and think, I'm gonna graduate from there soon (hopefully!).
    well wolves has a dire reputation but i have to say its been wonderful-I did my BSc degree and enjoyed it. Now doin my Msc there and I have to say its so multi cultural its unbelievable-e.g in a class of 25 I am the only white female. Pretty amazing-totally makes me proud of it just for that.
    im at derby, is crap so would never get a hoodie
    I like Nottingham uni, nice people, nice uni.
    Yes, I love my university, although I'm not sure proud is quite the right word, as I disapprove of some of the things it's done/is doing. Nevertheless I love Oxford, just as it is!
    i dont understand why people wear the uni hoodies...i think they are horrible, but more to the point i dont see why you would want to wear something that has the name of the place you are currently in, on it :confused:

i just think the whole point in having a tshirt, or whatever, with a place name on it is so you can "show off"/advertise that you have been elsewhere/somewhere exotic/on holiday...but not the place you are currently in

my friend has one...she says its comfy and warm...so maybe thats why :rolleyes:

if u look at it like that u could say the same about someone who's been to a gig wearing the gig tshirt/hoody....
    People tell me that they reckon my uni is a load of crap, but to be honest, i think it kicks ass. Being accepted here is probably one of the best things to ever happen to me.
    Originally posted by dr_smith
    Bristol is FANTASTIC... we have more steep hills per capita than any other University in the United Kingdom. (And all the student accomodation is 2 miles away from uni)

Only the toff students think that. Us normal people living here think its crap :D
    LacyMay try moving to Swindon or Portsmouth (I have), you will learn that Bristols got a hell of a lot going for it, compared these places.
    Originally posted by TheKingOfGlasgow
    I go to Glasgow, I'm very proud of it, and of my dept. One of the best uni's in the UK, and prob one of the best depts in the UK as well for English Language. I can see the tower as I go to work at tyhe weekends and think, I'm gonna graduate from there soon (hopefully!).

Im at Glasgow too was well chuffed when I got in! But aargh! English Language!! Ive been forced to do it to get into honours English Lit and Im sorry to say i hate it! Its well posh where we get to graduate though so I agree with you there. It will be great to bring my family there to show off when Im graduating:) however im only just finishing second year so that will be a while.
    Im at sheffield hallam, dunno why people bother with hoodies esp when they cost somthing like £18. Everybody dident like wearing their high school logo on their jumpers so why do it at uni when they dont have to?

Saw quite a few people in their first year wearing them at the start of the academic year, havent seen people wearing em for a long time - think the novelty of being in a uni wore off on them.
    I like to get the ring binders that say UCL on them. I guess I am proud of my uni even if I don't actually like it. The alumni list is pretty impressive.