Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Research Chemicals in the news.

Heres an article that I am sure will get many Guardian readers interested, its at least partly an advert!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1148955,00.html
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Trying to destroy all the drugs we want to take!

If it gets into Europe big time since they'r legal there then it won't be long before people starting making it properly after they learn..then it's released onto the Uk and people will take too many thinking they can handle it..then the media start talking about a deadly batch of new pills blah blah blah.

So if a dealer would turn round and say to anyone he sells any 2c family of drugs that it's real strong shit and not to take any more than a certain amount...tell them it's not ecstacy, it's a new drug altogether.

And look who's linked first at the bottom of that article bong

Useful links
    talktofrank.com
    DrugScope
    Trashed
    Cross-government national drug strategy website
  • Options
    Well I know for a fact that 2C-i is being sold as mescaline, even though the pills could never have enough to be active.

I wont be surprised if these drugs kill people, and thats very sad.

I did notice that talktofrank was at the bottom, bunch of useless tossers! Drugscope I quite like though, even if they are a bit too close to government.
  • Options
    read it inb the pub today. started to have a coveration about it and then a bunch of very smelly farmers came in ...why do these guys where a tie when wearing wellies and and covered in shit ...the topic of conversation turned to oil/petrol/fuel price protests. possible coming your way again in the summer! i said my bit and left ...they know all to well that i believe petrol and diesel should be expensive products. i went and had a spliff in the next pub.
  • Options
    I'm guessing not many of you listen to The World Tonight at 10pm on Radio 4, so I recorded their little piece on these new drugs and here is the transcript. Sorry I missed the first couple on seconds, I had to grab a tape.

X = Interviewer.

X "...can be bought easily over the Internet with names like DMT and 2C-i and very little is know about what they might do to clubbers health, so how widespread are they? And where are they coming from? Gary Hayes is the editor of Drugs and Alcohol Today Magazine which is published for the benefit of Health professionals and drugs workers."

GH "Usualy when a drug appears it kinda starts from a small group of people who are either interested in taking drugs and usualy scientists or whatever, for example where 2C-i came from, it came from the laboratory of Alexander Shulgin, who was dubbed the 'Godfather of Ecstacy', in terms of drugs that appear on the street, they tend to come from labs either in the UK, some of them in the low countries of Europe and I know that 2CB when it first appeared was coming in from Thailand. And I am not to sure where 2C-i at the moment is coming in, some of it is coming in from America, 2C-i has been on the drug scene for about a year. Although it has been known I would say for the last 7 or 8 years, its effects are very similar to LSD. I think in the way we talk about ecstacy being halucigenic amphetamine, I would say this is an halucigenic tryptamine, in other words its more halucigenic than amphetamine like."

X - "From what you know about its chemical make up, its similarity with other drugs on the scene, can you say whether it is more or less dangerous, more or less likely to cause long-term harm?"

GH - "Thats a difficult question, because we know very little about it. In terms of dangerousness I dont know, no-one knows yet."

X - "From your experience watching this scene, how widespread is it in this country do you think?"

GH - "I dont think it is as widespread as possibly some of the papers are making out. Journalists are turn round and saying this the new ecstacy, I dont think thats the case. And the reason why I dont think thats the case is because the dance scene where ecstacy sprouted from and became so popular is on the decline. Its a new appearance on the scene, people are going to experiment with it, but I think because its very similar to LSD we will see what happened to LSD is that people experimented with it try it a few times and stop will using it, I dont think..."

X - " Stop using it because they dont like what its doing to their heads?"

GH - "I think with drugs we get a natural progession with drugs, people try drugs and like with any experience they get bored with it and I think people get older, perticulaly around the dance scene, I think most people who were dancing in the 80' are now going into their 30's and thinking about paying off heavy mortgages and having kids."

X - "Do these drugs have any therapeutic purpose or are the manufactored, are they sold specifically and solely for recreational use?"

GH - "In terms of 2C-i and 2CB and these new designer drugs there is no therapeutic work that I know of, although there are institutes in America that do look into the therapeutic value which I think we mustn't disregard. But these drugs that we are seeing in clubs and on the streets and primarlary produced for the black market."

X - "Gary Hayes, Editor of Drugs and Alchol Today Magazine."

Interesting stuff eh? Strange though that he describes 2C-i as a tryptamine, even though its completely not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I know that 2CB when it first appeared was coming in from Thailand.

South Africa was the main source of 2CB when it started appearing on the London free party scene in 1997ish.
  • Options
    I would say this is an halucigenic tryptamine, in other words its more halucigenic than amphetamine like."

This is nonsense as well. 2CI is a phenethylamine not a tryptamine.
  • Options
    Blagsta, are you refering to the very small white 5mg tablets that were legaly available in SA for a while? I presume so, I had those.

Have you come accross that magazine, you said you worked in treatment didnt you?
  • Options
    Blagsta, are you refering to the very small white 5mg tablets that were legaly available in SA for a while? I presume so, I had those.

Yup, thems the ones.
    Have you come accross that magazine, you said you worked in treatment didnt you?

Don't know of it. But I'm not actually a drug worker, I'm an education worker.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Cheers Bong, that's really interesting. Have you ever seen that magazine? We think it might be worth a look, but cant find it on google....
  • Options
    Not a problem, it took a while to transcribe, but I wasnt very busy this morning at work.
  • Options
    Lucky you...... :(
  • Options
    For some reason or other I was blocked out from thesite a while today, I thought I'd been banned, but I could log in, I was all confused!
  • Options
    Awww, we are glad you are back Guru!