Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Portfolio interviews

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Those doing design related courses know in most cases it's crutial you undergo a portfolio interview when applying to university or art school. I'll hopefully be given an opportunity at Edinburgh College of Art in March or April and, unsurprisingly, am very nervous about the whole procedure.

Can anyone who's been through one tell me what it's like? How long did it last? How descriptive do they like you to be about your work? Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated because, although there's plenty time, I need to start preparing. Cheers in advance!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Interviews are normally really short, not sure about your type of cource though. They shouldnt ask you anything to taxing and they will generally seem really unintrested...

Bopz
  • Options
    been there done that.

They normally give half an hour, 15 min chat
    'why here, where you see yourself in 5 years,
    etc etc etc'

and 15 portfolio.
    So use the best work you can talk about,
    and have fun they've done it before
    and know how you feel.

good luck:)
  • Options
    They'll probably ask you about each piece of work, your reasons behind it, what it says etc All that should be fine as I assume you have to tell your tutors all that spiel when you do the projects anyway?! They'll also probably ask you why you want to do design and that course in particular, what your fave areas of design are and why, who your influences are, who's work you admire...all that kind of thing.